- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
| | Industry:
National Project Personnel (NPP) ( First Shift (Day) )
Advance university degree in Finance or relevant field
The position is located in FAO representation Office, Islamabad. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
- Overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Pakistan (FAOR); direct supervision of the THAzA Chief Technical Advisor(CTA) and in close coordination with Deputy Chief of Party;
- Oversight by FAO Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (RAP) and technical guidance by the relevant units in FAO Headquarters and/or RAP
- Formulate Grant Manual for procedural support and compliance to intended applications. Convene and facilitate the grant evaluation committee to decide on investment cases.
- Develop and maintain processes for grant and contract management; Advise CTA on the financial aspects of estimates, tenders, procurement and other financial functions of THAzA, ensuring compliance with USAID and FAO norms and procedures.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for proper and transparent implementation of THAzA (The Horticultural Advancement Activity, USAID) matching grant programme.
- To formulate and approve the Grant Manual for procedural support and compliance to intended applications;
- Ensure matching and competitive grants are spend on economically viable and investment oriented interventions with Private Sector Stakeholders;
- Facilitate in designing and preparation of simple and competitive business proposals including financial analyses;
- Maintain Grant Assistance Fund for support;
- Review of grant/contract finances, compliance requirements and reporting through each stage in the life cycle of a grant/contract, from proposal to close out, including adherence to donor and FAO regulations and ensuring the correct agreement structure and terms are negotiated with the recipients;
- Create and maintain budget and budget narrative templates for proposals, grants, contracts, and amendments as per donor (USAID) and FAO requirements;
- Managing grant and contract performance, and to identifying risks to minimize them;
- Negotiation of the terms and conditions for grants and analyses of budget estimates;
- Implementing, managing and improving the processes used to administer proposals, grants and contracts, including financial compliance, reporting, and communications with relevant departments;
- Act as liaison between the program and financial teams to ensure continuity, accuracy, and adherence to key processes related to grant management, systems used and reporting;
- Monitor financial management of grant funds to ensure consistency with agreed technical plan and actual implementation;
- Financial and technical reporting; monthly, quarterly and annual reports as per donor requirements;
- Assist and advise CTA, in close collaboration with the THAzA Operational Officer, on maintenance of project accounts, and reporting to the donor.
- Prepare monthly financial overviews and manage the budget monitoring system
- Provide support during the organization’s annual external audits;
- Perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned by Project management as required.
- Advance university degree in Finance or relevant field
- Minimum 8 years of experience in finance or similar position
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- In depth knowledge and experience of UN, FAO (GRMS) and USAID (matching grant systems) accounting and auditing systems
- Experience of technical grant management in a global organization with oversight of complex grant and contract agreements;
- Accurate, stringent and able to comply with deadlines;
- Good communication, reporting and presentation skills in English (both written and spoken).
- Good financial planning, budgeting and control capacities of complex field programmes
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Power-point, Project planning tools, ORACLE, GRMS etc)
Strong financial background and grant management experience.