The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Country Office for Pakistan (COPAK) is tasked with assisting Pakistan through its Country Programme (CP-II) 2017-2019 with a focus on illicit trafficking and border management, criminal justice, and drug demand reduction and HIV/AIDS. In order to manage the volume of work and to fulfill administrative and logistical needs efficiently, UNODC Pakistan requires the services of an Assistant Admin and Logistics Officer with experience in inventory management, logistical arrangements, warehouse management and building maintenance
The position will manage inventory, logistics, security, warehousing and building maintenance. Assistant Admin and Logistics Officer will report to the Finance and Oversight Manager.
The Programme Coordination Assistant will undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
Goods and Services Receiver
• Perform Virtual Receipt of goods against Inbound Delivery document for applicable Incoterms only
• Execute transfers of inventory to delivery location where they will be physically received
• Perform Goods Receipt in the system for items directly delivered by vendors as per guidelines issued by the Property Management and Inventory Control Unit
• Review Vendor delivery documentation provided on the Inbound Delivery to reconfirm goods are delivered as expected based on information in Purchase Order
• Report receipt discrepancies (e.g., damaged goods) to Procurement and Requisitioners to ensure vendor returns are processed in a timely manner
• Create a Service Entry Sheet to confirm delivery of the services that have been contracted
• Review Service Entry Sheets created by the other departments to ensure correct documents are attached & relevance account assignment and product category used
• Identify correct product Id to be used and materials are classified properly as fixed assets during the requisitioning process through IPSAS related guidelines
• Review all vendor invoices and supporting document attached with Service Entry Sheet and/or Good Receipt
Inventory and Warehouse Management
• Assist Finance and Oversight Manager in provision of effective support to organization for the inventory management system and internal controls for UN property
• Provide advice to the Finance & Oversight Manger on all matters related to the policy and procedures governing the management of the United Nations Property.
• Maintain fixed asset register including data entry or import of assets into the fixed asset register and review of supporting documentation
• Assist Finance & Oversight Manager in preparation of Property Survey Board (PSB) case reports, update equipment records with approval decisions and implement decisions of the board
• Coordinate with responsible staff to collect necessary documentation after approval of property survey board and handover as well as transfer of ownership of inventory items
• Create equipment record in the system and tag bar codes
• Inventory levels resulting from Inventory counts, and confirming adjustments to the Finance & Oversight Manager which may result in financial impact within Umoja.
• Check availability of goods in inventory prior to requisitioning to decide whether goods are to be requested through reservations or requisition
• Conduct Physical Verification of equipment, furniture and property, resolve discrepancies and report the results to senior management and HQ
• Assist the Finance & Oversight Manger to create records of capital projects in UMOJA, recordings as assets and creation of service notifications for the submission to Property Survey Board for the transfer of Ownership of Capital Project, if require
• Monitor all items received in the warehouse and follow up with the warehouse staff to ensure the proper put away of goods within the warehouse structure.
• Ensure all stocks and equipment held by Office are stored safely, correctly and securely depending upon the item classification
• Monitor and supervise all internal/external warehouse movements.
• Maintain driver's duty roster and assign daily jobs to drivers.
• Provide proper administrative arrangements/facilities/logistics for meetings, workshops, seminars etc.
• Supervise drivers to keep proper record of log books, schedule maintenance of vehicles and overtime record of drivers
• Manage UNODC’s fleet of vehicles by keeping the safe condition of vehicles and other transportation,
Staff Mobile Communication;
• Arrange for national and international staff to provide cellular communication services and coordinate with Cellular Company for smooth services.
• Distribute invoices of cellular services each month for personal calls marking and process official amount of bills.
User Access provisioning
• Support Finance and Oversight Manager in creation and submission of User Access Provisioning (UAP) requests to add, modify or delete enterprise roles through the UAP application in the Umoja Portal
• Work in conjunction with the client (SLO focal point, chief and staff) to advice on the appropriate roles that match staff duties and organizational needs
• Advise the end user on which Umoja training courses he/she needs to successfully complete
• Assist for Troubleshoots role mapping issues and alert/communicate the SLO for issues related to UAP application and reports, SOD conflicts
• Assist to Finance & Oversight Manager for the extraction of various reports from Umoja
• Coordinate with UNDSS for the issuance of UN ID cards for international and National staff
• Liaise with UNDP for day to day delivery of Financial, HR, and procurement related documents and driver's entry clearances
• Perform any other duty as may be required.
Qualification and Experience
• A bachelor’s degree with at least 7 years of professional experience; experience with an international organization is desirable.
• Experience in administration, logistics and warehousing is desirable.
• Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English, with good analytical and communication skills.
• Proficiency in the use of information technology (word processing, PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets and data management)
• Ability to work under pressure and follow tight deadlines.
• Ability to interact professionally with the different stakeholders.
• Previous experience with the UN or an international organization/environment is an asset.
Planning and Implementation Arrangements
The incumbent will be based in the Country Office for Pakistan and will report to UNODC's Finance and Oversight Manager under the overall supervision of the Country Representative.
Payment Schedule and Rate
The incumbent will be issued an SC contract in accordance with United Nations rules and procedures. Payment scale will be determined by UNDP recommended rates for service contract holders.