Senior Evaluation Assistant
Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E)
Fixed Term ( First Shift (Day) )
Bachelor (14 Years)
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Party/Project Manager & under the direct supervision of the CRA (Community Resilience Activity) M&E Officer in Islamabad, the incumbent will support CRA M&E Unit with the preparation and drafting of all new grants and project proposals. The Senior Evaluation Assistant will compile comprehensive grant related reports and will also review and edit grants and conduct evaluations. S/he will be responsible for CRA donor correspondence and will be required to maintain and update the M&E Management Information System and provide statistical data from the database on a monthly basis.
This position serves to support the Grants Unit, all other CRA units and Field Coordination Units with grants narratives review, database and donor related queries, disseminate and follow up on the implementation of lessons learned, grant modifications and review of grant procurement requirements and ensuring that they adhere to the donor rules and regulations.
In particular, s/he will:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Preparation and drafting of all new grant/project proposals, Final Evaluation Reports (FERs) as well as responses to field and donor queries
- Conduct thorough and extensive research on information compiled and provided in reports and responses to donor queries
- Coordinating with Operations and other program units to obtain necessary information required for grant writing purposes and regular follow up
- Compiling information for comprehensive reports on a weekly basis as well as the quarterly and annual reports; drafting any other reports and documents as requested by supervisor
- Summarizing large quantities of information succinctly and precisely; seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and brief form
- Responsible for enforcing compliance of all grants to meet USAID Rules and Regulations and CRA Project standards, procedures and guidelines
- Manage, modify, maintain and troubleshoot the CRA M&E MIS. Monitor entry and storage of data in the CRA M&E database
- Support improvement of already existing M&E reporting systems for donors, project partners and counterparts within the program and CRA as required
- Liaise and represent the program with the donor and program counterparts as needed to revise and update the M&E procedures/requirements throughout the grant implementation process
- Maintain an extensive filing system, produce reports and run queries on the database in a rapid fashion as requested by the Program Coordinator and/or designated manager; develop reporting templates and refine existing mechanisms as required to maintain appropriate institutional memory in the area of grants activities and management;
- Maintain and update all M&E matrices and provide weekly updates of these and key reporting to the Program Manager;
- Support M&E Officer with rigorous follow up on action points
- Assist in coordination of M&E data collection, analysis, disseminations and appropriate storage;
- Monitor Project’s information Management Systems and technology; support training of team members on the appropriate utilization of the CRA Database and data collection methods.
- Assisting the supervisor in planning, holding meetings, workshops, trainings, conferences; take minutes of the meetings when needed
- Compiling ‘success stories’ reflecting program impact.
- Ensuring up-to-date and accurate information pertaining to regional background and overviews for grants
- Perform any other duties as may be required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completed Bachelor’s degree from an accredited academic institution, preferably in Social Science, Information Management, Research or a related discipline;
- Substantial experience in research and proposal writing
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience for candidates holding a first level university degree preferably in an international, non-profit environment;
- Experience in one of the organizations of the UN Common System and field experience are a distinct advantage;
- Experience working with Statistics, Research and Database activities is an added advantage;
- Experience in travelling and working in remote areas;
- English and Urdu (Fluent)