| | Industry:
Accounts, Finance & Financial Services
Fixed Term ( First Shift (Day) )
Bachelor (14 Years)
Under general guidance of the Chief of Mission (COM), overall supervision of the Community Resilience Activity (CRA) Resource Management Officer (RMO) and the direct supervision of the National Finance Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for assisting with administrative and financial duties of the CRA programme.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Assist National Finance Officer in undertaking proper planning, expenditure tracking and audit of financial resources, and prepare financial reports as and when required
- Perform and monitor the assigned finance role (invoicing, treasury, Bank Recon etc.) in PRISM (SAP).
- Ensure that the coding of all accounting documentation is prepared according to the Organization practices and rules;
- Monitor and assist (when required) in verifying invoices and documents submitted by suppliers and service providers meet the documentation requirements of the IOM established procedures; ascertain that the equipment, supplies or services they refer to were duly received or provided before proceeding with payment request;
- Monitor IPs financial documentations and coordinate financial settlements and advances. Bring to the attention of the National Finance Officer any relevant financial, budgetary or administrative issue.
- Assist in providing technical support related to accounts and IOM rules, regulations and procedures in relation to all financial (Invoicing, good receipt, treasury, cash management and grants Recon) functions to the finance field staff.
- Assist National Finance Officer in Project monthly financial accounts closure
- Assist in the overall verification, liquidation, monitoring and clearance of advances for the projects and staff members on regular basis. Reconcile on a monthly basis all debtors and creditors accounts
- Monitor petty cash management at main CRA office and field offices, to ensure that cash management and closing is performed as per IOM financial rules and regulation
- Serve as focal point for correct banking information management of vendors and CRA staff, and coordinate with bank on any general transaction issues
- Verify that all financial documents and vouchers are properly filed and a proper filing system is maintained.
- Provide guidance and training to new/junior staff in the unit.
- Perform such any other related duties as may be required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Accounting / Finance / Commence / Business Administration.
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in financial management, accounting and budgeting; good knowledge of accounting system. Field experience in a post conflict environment. Familiarity with financial oversight and public administration.
- Good communication skills. Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results, respect for diversity, creative thinking. Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Knowledge of SAP will be an asset.
- Working knowledge of Urdu or any local language an advantage.