| | Industry:
Accounts, Finance & Financial Services
Fixed Term ( First Shift (Day) )
Under general guidance of the Chief of Mission (COM), overall supervision of the Community Resilience Activity (CRA) Resource Management Officer (RMO) and the direct supervision of the National Finance Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for assisting with administrative and financial duties of the CRA programme.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ensure that the coding of all accounting documentation is prepared according to the Organization practices and rules;
- Perform assigned finance role (invoicing, treasury, Bank Recon etc.) in PRISM (SAP).
- Assist in verifying invoices and documents submitted by suppliers and service providers meet the documentation requirements of the IOM established procedures; ascertain that the equipment, supplies or services they refer to were duly received or provided before proceeding with payment request;
- Assist in updating bank ledger for all payments on daily basis for effective internal control
- Make sure that all financial documents and vouchers are properly filed and a proper filing system is maintained.
- Assist in day to day dealings with the bank and handle daily transactions with banks.
- Assist in providing technical support related to accounts and IOM rules, regulations and procedures in relation to all financial (Invoicing, good receipt, treasury, cash management and grants Recon) functions to the field staff.
- Assist in verifying, monitoring and clearing of advances for the projects and staff members on regular basis. Reconcile on a monthly basis all debtors and creditors accounts
- Assist in processing Petty cash payments and will be responsible to maintain proper records of the office petty cash and supporting documents
- Assist in Project monthly financial accounts closure
- Perform such any other related duties as may be required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Secondary school diploma, preferably in Accounting / Finance / Commence / Business Administration.
- Minimum of four years’ work experience in financial management, accounting and budgeting; good knowledge of accounting system. Field experience in a post conflict environment. Familiarity with financial oversight and public administration.
- Knowledge of SAP will be an asset.
- Working knowledge of Urdu or any local language an advantage.