These positions are located in FAO Project Offices in South Waziristan, North Waziristan, Orakzai, Kurram and Khyber Agencies of FATA, Pakistan. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural , fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall supervision of FAO Representative in Pakistan and in close coordination with Assistant FAO Representative (Program / Administration) and Program Officer Resilience, the incumbent will report to Project Coordinator in performance of the following functions:
- Facilitate experimentation, participatory learning by doing and training on plants disease and insect pest management, integrated weed management, integrated soil fertility management, Farm economics and financial literacy, and other issues that come up for individual groups.
- FFS established for participatory learning.
- Trainings facilitated on specific crop related issues.
- Field based FFS , FBS actions plans developed
- Contributed in FFS extension materials development
Tasks and responsibilities
- Work directly with farmers, and help them discover important concepts/ issues in crops farming through practical learning.
- Carry out awareness-raising meetings to introduce the FFS concept, identify the farmers and learning site/ sites;
- Follow up and coordinate with the related authorities for their contribution to the FFSs;
- Adhered to prepared training curricula and facilitate training on Good Agriculture Practices;
- Contribute to the development of the IPM-GAP programmes for the target crops;
- Assist in establishment of demonstration/learning sites an run FFS
- Report the progress of the FFS and demonstrations plots activities;
- Develop the FFS group action plan, arranging Field days, exposure/ exchange visits.
- Contribute in development of extension materials related to effective FFS activities
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture with specialization in Agronomy, Horticulture, Plant Breeding and Genetics, Soil Science.
- 3 Years’ experience with well reputed organization
· Good knowledge of Urdu and Pashtu, and a good working knowledge of English and ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams is essential.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Experience in communication and diffusion strategies and techniques, reporting, documentation
- Understanding of participatory extension methods, training need assessments and development of capacity development plan .
- Understanding of the purpose and functions of technical programmes, operational guidelines and programme/project management procedures, preferably those adopted by the United Nations or FAO would be considered an added asset.
- Demonstrate capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time to meet goals in a high pressure environment.
- Competency on delivering training in a participatory manner.
Female candidates from the respective Agenies.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
· All applications will be reviewed and qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
· FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
· Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org
· Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
· Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
· For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the iRecruitment website at http://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access/en/ and complete your online profile. Only applications received through iRecruitment will be considered.
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
Vacancies will be removed from iRecruitment at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org