The Programme Associate is located in the Country Office (CO) and reports to the Programme Analyst Gender.
The Programme Associate supports the design, planning and management of UNFPA’s 9th country programme by providing and managing data inputs, providing logistical support, monitoring project implementation and following up on recommendations. The Programme Associate applies established systems and procedures and assists in the creation of substantive knowledge by compiling, synthesizing and analyzing information relevant to population and development, reproductive health rights and gender issues. S/he is instrumental in facilitating programme/ project implementation using and developing appropriate mechanisms and systems and ensuring compliance with established procedures.
Major Activities/Expected Results
· Participates in the identification and formulation of the country programme and component projects by compiling and analyzing information in the subject areas of UNFPA assistance to the Government, drafts project documents and work plans and prepares tables and statistical data.
· Evaluates project and programme activities, establishing and implementing mechanisms to systematically assess the achievement of results, conducting field visits, participating in review meetings and evaluation missions and preparing regular inputs to status and progress reports. Analyzes basic factors affecting the achievement of results, recommends corrective actions and follows up on recommendations.
· In coordination with national counterparts and project personnel, guides routine implementation of assigned projects, coordinating delivery of project inputs, ensuring participation of national counterparts in training activities and study tours.
· Provides logistical support to projects by coordinating review meetings and other project related workshops and events. Trains and guides project personnel and staff on national execution and programme policies and procedures.
· Contributes to creation and sharing of knowledge by synthesizing and documenting findings and lessons learned, success stories and best practices, strategies and approaches of the CO, and drafting relevant materials for dissemination.
· Supports advocacy and resource mobilization strategy of the CO by compiling and synthesizing relevant background material for use in discussions and public events. Establishes and maintains network of donor and public information contacts and provides assistance in organizing and conducting donor meetings and public information events.
- Support in the planning, implementation and reporting of the key project milestones and ensure coordination with government partners, UN Agencies, donor and Alignment Monitoring And Results (AMAR)) unit for DFID.
Completed Secondary Level Education required. First level university degree desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
· Seven years of relevant experience in programme/ project management.
· Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems.
· Exemplifying integrity
· Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
· Embracing cultural diversity
· Embracing change
· Achieve results
· Being accountable
· Developing and applying professional expertise/ business acumen
· Thinking analytically and strategically
· Working in teams/ managing ourselves and our relationships
· Communicating for impact
Functional Skill Set:
· Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
· Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships
· Delivering results-oriented programmes
· Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilization
Fluency in English is required.