- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Assistant to Team (Cat-2)
Health & Medicine
Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS) ( First Shift (Day) )
[Essential: Completion of secondary education supplemented by secretarial/administrative training.] [Desirable: University degree in business administration, social sciences or related field is an asset.]
LICA-4 (equivalent to GS-4)
2 Years([Essential: At least two to four years of relevant secretarial/ administrative experience.] [Desirable: Relevant experience in the UN system.])
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To provide a variety of secretarial/administrative work in support of project/programme activities.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
Under the direct supervision of the First Level Supervisor, and the overall guidance of the Second Level Supervisor, the Assistant is a team member in the administrative unit. Work is assigned by the supervisor who gives instructions on non-routine matters. Routine tasks are performed independently with some discretion in non-routine matters related to office procedures only. Established procedural and office guidelines are available, but where guidelines are incomplete, limited interpretation may be required to select a course of action on approach to work.
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Receive, screen and process correspondence and requests, and follow up on implementation of all administrative actions, ensuring adherence to deadlines and timely response to correspondence and queries.
- Type, ensuring correctness of language as well as format, and in accordance with WHO Style Guide, correspondence, reports, documents and presentations upon written/verbal instructions, and independently compose correspondence of purely routine administrative nature.
- Make necessary arrangements regarding duty travel of staff in the unit, submit travel requests (TRs) in the Global Management System (GSM), arrange for flight and hotel reservations and deal with other related matters.
- Type documents and presentations for preparation of meeting, workshops, training courses, etc., send invitation letters to participants, photocopy documents and prepare files; follow up with logistics units regarding arrangements. Provide secretarial support during meetings.
- Screen and receive visitors and telephone calls, make appointments, answer queries of and/or redirect visitors and callers. Update and maintain records and reference files.
- Submit different administrative transactions in GSM, including procurement of goods and services, and follow up with concerned parties for the receipt of deliverables and finalization of payments.
- Replace other assistants within the department, as required.
FUNCTIONAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Good filing and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with national and international staff.
- Good knowledge of WHO rules, manuals, practices, procedures and WHO Style Guide as applicable to the secretarial level an asset.
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to operate Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)/Oracle systems an asset.
LANGUAGES: Very good knowldge of English and the local language.
ANNUAL SALARY: PKR 1,110,672
WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for test and interview.
WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
OTHER SIMILAR POSITIONS AT THE SAME LEVEL MAY BE FILLED FROM THIS VACANCY NOTICE.