Sr. Information Management Assistant (DTM REMAP)
Fixed Term ( First Shift (Day) )
Under overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Project Officer (DTM REMAP) and in close coordination with the Senior Programme Manager and the Senior Regional Project Manager of the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Regional Evidence for Migration Analysis and Policy (REMAP) (DTM REMAP) in IOM’s regional office for Asia and the Pacific, the successful candidate will be contributing to the overall information management of the DTM REMAP project in IOM Pakistan.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Assist in planning and developing and monitor the implementation of all IM activities under the DTM REMAP project.
- Monitor data collection processes and data management activities; participate in methodology development, data mapping, encoding, storing, processing, analysis, data packing for reporting.
- Assist in the coordination and effective management of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) in the context of DTM implementation, including the production of GIS-related products both for operational purpose and information sharing and dissemination.
- Participate in the design, development, and maintenance of systems required for geodatabases and other data infrastructures for better information management, including data collection activities, data analysis and processing, and production of various types of information products.
- Assist with the development and enhancement of tools for data collection and information packing as required and needed by the DTM REMAP project.
- Contributes to the effective project implementation; ensure regular monitoring as per agreed timelines; prepare project status and progress reports.
- Contributes to the implementation of the information management systems and application adhere to Information Communication and Technology (ICT) Policies and Standards.
- Contributes to identifying gaps on data and information relevant to the emergency response operation and contribute to the preparation of project proposals aiming to address such needs.
- Will comply with relevant IOM policies, especially on Data Protection and Information and Communications Technology (ICT) standard on data and information security.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in Information Management, Geographic Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 4 years of relevant professional experience.
- Expertise of ESRI ArcGIS and other GIS-related software.
- Knowledge of Relational Database Management System (RDBMS), and MS Office applications.
- Experience and skills to analyze statistical information;
- Expertise on data processing and analysis software (MS-Excel, SPSS, STATA, Tableau or others.)
- Ability to compile and holistically analyze diverse datasets;
- Knowledge in advanced data visualization and information design skills.
- Documented experience of using system analysis methods and data modelling tools, relational databases and object-oriented programming would be an advantage;
- Experience using two or more of the following tools: Access, Visual Basic, Java, ASP, SQL or Oracle;
- Experience in the development and implementation of population database systems (such as registrations, census or surveys) is an advantage;
- Knowledge of data protection guidelines and principles is an advantage;
- Experience in development and implementation data gathering project or other type of assessment and information management activities, displacement tracking expertise; emergency humanitarian operations; management and coordination of information flows, data management including collection, storing, processing, and analyzing data to generate information products is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of Urdu, and/or local language (Pashto) is an advantage.