- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Water Management Specialist
National Project Personnel (NPP) ( First Shift (Day) )
Advanced degree in Water Resources Management, Hydrology, Irrigation, Civil/Agriculture/Irrigation engineering or related field
The position is based in FAO Pakistan office in Islamabad. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The incumbent will report to Land and Water officer based in FAO-Pakistan office in Islamabad.
Water Resources management, Water Accounting, Remote Sensing, GIS
- Support the project for timely implementation of project activities;
- Carry-out regular communication and collaboration with Government and other Development Partners;
- Prepare work plans with stakeholders and submit timely progress reports based on active monitoring and evaluation;
- Lead the project inception at the beginning of the project implementation; advise on the formulation of project implementation plan; review and finalize the inception report;
- Organize collection of data and information on water resources, agriculture and other related water information in Pakistan;
- Facilitate and participate in (part of) the training workshop on water auditing and accounting, and climate change;
- Participate in and facilitate the consultation workshop at the beginning of the project and the final verification workshop;
- Provide input for and participate in the climate change and water workshop;
- Review and finalize the project terminal statement;
- Any other activity as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced degree in Water Resources Management, Hydrology, Irrigation, Civil/Agriculture/Irrigation engineering or related field.
- 5 years of relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of English.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable
- Extet of relevance of experience in Irrigation and Drainage.
- Experience working with or in international and donor organizations with implementation of participatory project
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognised in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org