Purpose of the posts:
To provide technical assistance to the respective Area Health department in general and specifically to the EPI programmme management and district managements in implementing activities related to Expanded Programmme on Immunization (EPI) in coordination with the EPI team of WHO Country Office, Islamabad.
The incumbent will work under the direct supervision of Medical Officer (EPI) and the respective Head of Sub-Office in close collaboration with the National Professional Officers (EPI).
Major duties and responsibilities:
1. Assist EPI programme in reviewing immunization data received from districts, and implementing data quality improvement plan.
2. Assist in monitoring EPI performance of districts through use of appropriate indicators and periodic feedback mechanism.
3. Assist in strengthening integrated communicable disease surveillance, VPD surveillance, AEFI surveillance and monitoring surveillance indicators.
4. Assist districts in planning expansion of EPI fixed center and making them functional to increase service delivery capacity and decrease reliance on outreach service delivery.
5. Assist EPI programme and districts in equity analysis and provide technical assistance in increasing service delivery in low coverage areas.
6. Assist in timely introduction of new vaccines.
7. Support districts in developing annual plan of action and monitoring its implementation through regular EPI review
8. Provide management support and capacity building through proper need assessment and arranging specific management and technical training in EPI for appropriate target group.
9. Regular monitoring vaccine consumption and supply data.
10. Support in planning, monitoring and other activities of Measles and MNTe SIAs.
Functional skills and knowledge:
· Excellent knowledge in analyzing vaccine preventable diseases and EPI data, synthesizing information and presenting clear and concise conclusion and recommendations for decision making
· Knowledge of principles, practices, methodology and techniques of immunization programme
· Excellent inter-personal and written communication skills
· Strong report writing skill in English
· Working knowledge of computer programmes like MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
· Proficient in English and local languages.
Duration of the assignment:
· Initially till 31 December 2018 (including 2 months’ probation) with possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Will be based on the defined organizational rates applied to the scope of work.
Interested candidates are advised to apply online. Applications received through any other mean would not be accepted/considered for any of the above positions.
WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
WHO only considers higher educational qualification obtained from an accredited institution.
WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.