Information Management Associate (Replacement Capacity).
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships:
The Information Management Associate supports the production and dissemination of information on the population of concern, including but not limited to Protection and Programme information.
The incumbent operationalizes data standards developed at the central level in field operations, compiles and explores data from all populations of concern. S/he supports the Programme Team and UNHCR’s implementing partners in the choice of indicators for monitoring to be included in sub-agreements as well as the Protection Team in operationalizing protection monitoring systems.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Operationalize country-specific common data standards and promote them with partners, including UNHCR data standards and the IASC Common Operational Datasets.
· Compile and aggregate information elements required to produce standardized information products and implement data/information collection plans for baseline and context-specific data.
· Collect, collate and process information and perform data quality and consistency control.
· Produce summary statistics.
· Support the coordination of data collection teams.
· Support and leverage geographic data for map production and use in geographic information systems (GIS).
· Share UNHCR data with partner agencies and maintain Portal data and information in-line with agreed frequencies.
· Participate in Needs Assessment processes, specifically in data collection, processing/collation and data exploration.
· Liaise with partners and represent UNHCR in meetings related to the functions.
· Make recommendations and provide advice on the technical information management requirements.
· Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Experience with handling confidential data and demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies.
Experience in web design and software development is an asset. Ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and Operating Procedures.
Certificates and/or Licenses:
Information Technology; Statistics; Social Sciences; HCR Operational Data Management Learning Programme.
· *IT-Microsoft Excel;
· DM-ArcGIS (Geographic Information System);
· MS-Statistics Analysis;
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Working knowledge of English.
Teamwork & Collaboration
Commitment to Continuous Learning
Client & Result Orientation
Innovation and Creativity