- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Assistant Field Officer, NOA (PN. 10014786) - VN/08/2018
Fixed Term ( First Shift (Day) )
Undergraduate degree (equivalent of a BA/BS) in Law, Political Sciences or related fields.
1 Year(Minimum 1 year of previous relevant work experience.)
The Assistant Field Officer is normally supervised by the Snr Field Coordinator or Field Officer or Head of Sub-Office/Field Office depending on the structure of the Office. S/he may receive indirect guidance from other sections and units relevant to the country/regional programme(s). UNHCR Manual, programme and protection objectives, Operations Plans, UN and UNHCR financial/budgetary rules and regulations will guide the work of the incumbent.
The incumbent does not normally have any direct supervisory role. S/he has daily contacts with staff in the various field offices and with the functional units at the Country/Regional Office. S/he also has close liaison with a range of local civilian and military authorities and counterparts in NGOs and UN agencies to discuss matters of common interest.
- UNHCR’s policies, standards and procedures are constantly and coherently applied in the area of responsibility (AoR).
- The needs of persons of concern in the AoR are assessed and analysed in a participating manner and using an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective to form a firm basis for planning.
- Assess the needs of persons of concern in the AoR and formulate project submissions in collaboration with district authorities and implementing partners.
- Promote and monitor the implementation of assistance projects.
- Report regularly on rate of flow of new arrivals and estimate expected influx based on interviews with persons of concern.
- In co-ordination with implementing partners, assist with the reception, registration and provision of assistance to persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Keep track of cases of detention; register applicants for voluntary repatriation and family reunion.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly sectoral reports and submit material for preparation of periodic project monitoring reports and year-end reports.
- Undertake other relevant duties as required.
- Submit recommendation for protection interventions to the designated officer.
- Negotiate with local authority counterparts, partners and populations of concern.
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Analytical Thinking
- Political Awareness
- Skateholder Management
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Undergraduate degree (equivalent of a BA/BS) in Law, Political Sciences or related fields.
- Minimum 1 year of previous relevant work experience.
- Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of another UN language.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES.
- Field experience.
- Computer skills.
- Knowledge of refugee law.
- Good knowledge of UNHCR’s programmes.
- UNHCR Protection Learning Programme.
- UNHCR Operations Management Learning Programme.
- Very good knowledge of local language and local institutions.