The Advisor will be located in Islamabad and will work under the overall supervision of UNFPA FP/SRH team lead.
By working with the UNFPA Islamabad and field based staff, the Advisor is anticipated to play a coordination role for accelerating implementation of the Council of Common Interest (CCI) recommendations on Population and Family Planning. The advisor will work closely with Government stakeholders (PWDs, DOHs, Planning, Education, Women’s affairs etc.), the Private Sector and UNFPA team to facilitate partnerships and coordination for planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
Major Activities/Expected Results
· Coordinate with Federal and Provincial Technical Support Units and relevant Government focal points to monitor implementation of Task Force meeting decisions;
· Provide substantive support to Federal and Provincial Governments for holding regular Task Force meetings;
· In consultation with the Country Engagement Working Group, FP 2020 working groups and other coordination fora, provide support to sharing knowledge, lessons learned and recommended practices;
· In consultation with NGOs and CSOs, facilitate the implementation and monitoring of the Public Private Partnership Framework;
· Support expansion of government partnerships with civil society and private sector to reach the most marginalized;
· Mobilize support and engagement of key national stakeholders for increased budget allocations for population and FP programmes.
· Contribute to wide dissemination of the National Population Narrative in close collaboration with UNFPA Country Office communication team and in coordination with the provincial FP technical specialist and national counterparts;
· Coordinate with the relevant Federal and Provincial government departments, UNFPA, development partners, private sector and CSOs for development of robust M&E system and accountability framework.
· Support Country Office efforts in evidence-informed advocacy and policy dialogue as well as building, strengthening and coordinating strategic partnerships.
The Advisor reports to UNFPA Country Office and is expected to maintain collaborative relationship with all programme and project staff at national and provincial levels. He/she will closely work with relevant Government and private sector stakeholders.
· Master’s degree public health, population, demography, Development studies, Public Administration and/or other related social science field.
Knowledge and Experience:
· Experience of managing population program at national/international level and understanding of latest development will be an added advantage.
· Experience: 5 to 8 years' professional experience preferably in programme/project management in the public or private sector,
· Computer skills: Proficiency in current office software applications.
· Exemplifying integrity
· Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
· Embracing cultural diversity
· Embracing change
· Values: Exemplifying integrity, demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system, embracing diversity and embracing change
· Core Competencies: Achieving results, being accountable, developing and applying professional expertise. Thinking analytically and strategically, working in teams and managing self and relationships
· Managerial competencies: Engaging external and internal partners and stakeholders, learning and developing people, creating a culture of performance, making decisions and exercising judgement
Functional Skill Set:
· Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
· Results-based programme development and management
· Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships
· Languages: Fluency in oral and written English.