- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Senior Irrigation and Drainage Specialist
National Project Personnel (NPP) ( First Shift (Day) )
M.Sc. in Civil Engineering or Advanced University degree in Irrigation
The position is based in Karachi. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The incumbent will report to PMCA (Project Management Consultant and Procurement Team Leader.
The incumbent will have to assist the PMCA Team in all matters related to irrigation and drainage issues.
- Overseeing the procurement planning exercise and in this regard carrying out the following activities:
- Provide input (if requested) to the review procurement plans, packaging, etc. and ensure that they are in accordance with the guidelines provided under the PAD and PIP and reflecting the best national and international experience in procurement and implementation of such activities;
- Assist in updating the Procurement Plan on a regular basis in accordance with the guidelines in PIP and PAD by the implementing agencies (SIDA, PCMU) and PICs;
- Assist in updating the Procurement Plan on WSIP’s Procurement Website;
- Assistance in the preparation of expression of interest notices;
- Assistance in the preparation of evaluation criteria for short-listing of consulting firms, as well as for technical and financial proposals for each assignment;
- Assistance in the short-listing of the consultants, preparation of evaluation reports, ranking etc. necessary for preparing a short-list;
- Assistance in reviewing and finalization of Terms of Reference and request for proposal packages (RFPs) for consultancy services, in collaboration with the implementing agencies, SIDA/AWB, Irrigation and Power Department (IPD) and PCMU;
- Assistance in checking overall performance of the consultants, carrying out field visits (together with other PMCA Team members) to see their work, supervision of construction contracts, ensuring quality of construction is maintained according to the specifications as included in the bidding documents and that the Project Implementation Consultants (PICs) perform construction supervision according to the designed schedule;
- Collaboration with international Technical Specialist in Irrigation and Drainage (to be requested according to demand); and
- Any other task related to irrigation and drainage issues requested by the PMCA TL.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- M.Sc. in Civil Engineering or Advanced University degree in Irrigation.
- 10 years of experience in design, construction, monitoring and evaluation of irrigation and drainage systems, preferably in the Middle East and/or Asia.
- Working knowledge of English competency in word processing,
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable
- Extent of relevance of experience in Irrigation and Drainage.
- Experience working with or in international and donor organizations with implementation of participatory project
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognised in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org