UNDP & GEF funded “Generating Global Environmental Benefits from Improved Decision-Making in Pakistan” project’s main objective is to remove the barriers to environmental information management and mainstreaming global environment concerns into economic decision making. The objective is two-fold in its focus, one related to environmental information, and the other to employing this information for improved economic decision-making.
The GEB project has three interrelated outcomes:
(1) Regular availability of consistent and reliable environmental data; (2) A coordinated and robust environmental information management system, and,
(3) Enhanced commitment and capacity for sustainable development planning and legislation. More details about the project can be found in the main project document with a summary in the beginning.
The GEB project is being implemented in a devolved manner through the existing structures of the government and following a market-based approach to the generation, supply and access of information. Nonetheless, the project needs some additional personnel mainly to coordinate support and assist its implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of National Project Coordinator (NPC), driver will be required to perform the following duties/responsibilities:
• Ensure provision of reliable and secure driving services
• Driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized project personnel as advised by the NPC and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items
• Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement, when required, and instructed by the NPC.
• Ensure cost-savings through proper use of vehicles through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
• Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance and log of the assigned vehicles through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
• Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicles insurance, vehicles logs, office directory, and map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
• Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
• Responsible for safe travel and comfort of passengers.
• Log official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, greasing etc.
• Perform any other duties as required by the NPC.