This position is located in FAO Office Islamabad, Pakistan. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representatives, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner. FAO's mission is to work with the Government of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan to help build a food-secure country, free of hunger and malnutrition, where food and agriculture contribute to improving the living standards of all, especially the poorest, in an economically, socially and environmentally sustainable manner.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Pakistan, under the direct supervision of Assistant Representative – Program, the SDG Advisor will be responsible for performing the following tasks for Integration of Sustainable Development Goals related to Agriculture and Natural Resources Management (ANR) into National Planning.
- The SDGs Advisor will technical lead the process for formulation of ANR action plans for provincial and national governments Ministries/departments.
- Liaison with relevant stakeholders for smooth implementation of programme.
- Prepare detailed implementation plan (project work plan, procurement plan).
- Monitor SDG provincial process and provide technical feedback to relevant provincial and national governments Ministries/departments.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support the coordination of SDGs initiatives related to ANR;
- Design and Conduct multi-stakeholder SDGs prioritization workshops on Agriculture and Natural Resources Management(ANR) at Provincial and National levels;
- Process the endorsement of selected and prioritized ANR related SDGs by Provincial and Federal Governments;
- Process the endorsement of indicators, baselines and end-goals for each endorsed target by Provincial and Federal Governments;
- Comprehensive Agriculture Sector desk review for development of realistic ANR Action Plan.
- Support and lead to develop ANR Action Plan by Provincial and Federal Governments for implementation of SDGs;
- Lead the formulation of Investment Programmes and Master Plans by Provincial and Federal Governments.
- Perform any other task and duty assigned by the supervisor.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Master in Public Policy Management or other relevant degree with at least 15 years of related work experience.
FAO Core Competencies
· Results Focus
· Building Effective Relationships
· Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
· Minimum 15 years working experience with UN, Government and/or international organizations in policy formulation as an Advisor or Team leader;
· Experience in development of Action, Investment and Master Plans;
· Excellent spoken and written English;
· High sense of responsibility and attention to detail;
· Ability to work under stress with tight deadlines; and
· Strong communication skills and spirit of teamwork.
· Knowledge of United Nations administrative policies and procedures.
Candidates will be assessed against the requirements listed above.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT