Description: UNDP & GEF funded “Generating Global Environmental Benefits from Improved Decision-Making in Pakistan” project’s main objective is to remove the barriers to environmental information management and mainstreaming global environment concerns into economic decision making. The objective is two-fold in its focus, one related to environmental information, and the other to employing this information for improved economic decision-making.
The GEB project has three interrelated outcomes:
(1) Regular availability of consistent and reliable environmental data; (2) A coordinated and robust environmental information management system, and,
(3) Enhanced commitment and capacity for sustainable development planning and legislation. More details about the project can be found in the main project document with a summary in the beginning.
The GEB project is being implemented in a devolved manner through the existing structures of the government and following a market-based approach to the generation, supply and access of information. Nonetheless, the project needs some additional personnel mainly to coordinate support and assist its implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of National Project Coordinator (NPC), the Office Boy will be required to perform the following duties/responsibilities:
• Deliver/distribute mail/messages within office and outside the office
• Serving of tea, etc. for internal meetings/visitors
• Cleanliness & dusting of office equipment/furniture, etc.
• Making copies of the documents, prepare sets of reports and reports binding, etc.
• Assist Assistant Project Officer (APO) in arranging meetings (external and internal)
• Perform any other duties as required by the NPC.