- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
| | Industry:
Service Contract (SC) ( First Shift (Day) )
Master’s Degree or equivalent in social sciences or relevant fields
5 Years(Minimum 5 years of relevant experience)
UN Women aims at recruiting a Project officer to support the implementation of its activities related to Women’s Economic Empowerment and Sustainable Livelihoods Portfolio in general and the project “Empowered Women, Resilient Communities” in particular. The Project/Programme Officer based in UN Women country Office Islamabad will assist in ensuring effective delivery of the WEE&SL programme by supporting in all aspects of Program Implementation such as planning; maintaining coordination and strategic partnerships, knowledge management, reporting and effective monitoring in accordance with UN Women’s rules and regulations.
The Project Officer will keep a close liaison with provincial offices for ensuring adequate exchange of information, facilitating the timely execution of project/WEE programme workplan and furnish required details as and when required by Portfolio Manager WEE & SL.
- The Project Officer will be responsible for assisting/supporting the Portfolio Manager WEE&SL in the following key areas of the programme;
- Support in the formulation of programme strategies and implementation and monitoring of the programme activities related to WEE & SL unit.
- Administrative and programmatic support to the “Empowered Women, Resilient communities project”.
- Support in building and maintaining strategic partnerships with key stakeholders and implement resource mobilization strategy of UN Women Pakistan, WEE&SL AWP 2021 with guidance from Country Representative, Deputy Representative and in cooperation with UN Women
- Work closely and collaboratively with colleagues and partners to discuss operational and implementation issues. Provide solutions, recommendations and/or alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level intervention and/or decision-making. Keep record of reports and assessments for easy reference and/or to capture and institutionalize lessons learned.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation, programme reviews and annual reviews with the government and other counterparts to assess programmes/projects and to report on required action and interventions at the higher level of programme management.
- Monitor and report on the use of sectoral programme resources (financial, administrative and other assets), verifying compliance with approved allocation, goals, organizational rules, regulations/procedures, donor commitments, standards of accountability, and integrity. Report on issues identified to ensure timely resolution by management and stakeholders. Follow up on unresolved issues to ensure resolution.
- Prepare regular and mandated sectoral programme/project reports for management, donors and partners to keep them informed of programme progress.
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing under WEE&SL unit. (development of Terms of Reference's, technical backstopping and managing consultants)
- Identify sources and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, and other material as required.
- Follow up and coordination with programme teams in Punjab, Baluchistan, KP and Sindh on performance indicators/ success criteria, targets and milestones, preparation of donor reports, quarterly and annual reports.
- Provide support to Portfolio Manager WEE & S in preparation of programme level internal and donor reports focusing on results, output and outcomes.
- Close coordination with Communication dept in UN Women Pakistan for the adequate and timely provision of data for effective communication/visibility of WEE & SL programme on multimedia platforms (print and electronic).
- Support preparation of project development and Implementing Partners’ selection documents support the respective processes at the Country Office level for ensuring efficiency.
- Supporting coordination with other UN Women programmes and/or UN Agencies as part of OPII to facilitate Women Economic Empowerment in the country.
- Support to enhance coordination between UN agencies, public and private sector organizations at the Federal level to improve women’s access to economic opportunities.
- Support development of new project proposals and resource mobilization tasks.
- Document programme activities and manage office records.
- Undertake monitoring visits to the project/programme districts periodically to assess the project implementation activities.
- Any other related tasks assigned by the PM WEE & SL or Deputy Country representative.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in social sciences or relevant fields
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level.
- Experience in collaborating and relationship building with international or donor organizations will be an asset.
- Ability and willingness to accept and manage multiple tasks with efficiency with own initiative and without supervision.
- Knowledge and dedication to the UN principles required; experience of working with governmental bodies as well as civil society organizations is a must, along with management advisory services and hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages and handling of web-based management systems.
- Excellent English drafting ability and Documentation Skills.
- Knowledge of ATLAS system will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
HEC Attested degrees are a prerequisite for employment at UN. During the recruitment process candidates may be required to present HEC attested degrees.
Foreign Qualified Candidates: Foreign degree holders shall be required to (i) Present a verification/certification letter from the university verifying the degree & student enrollment, or (ii) Foreign degree Equivalence Letter from HEC.
UN provides the Equal Opportunity for all equally qualified male & female including the physically challenged candidates.