Organizational Context: Under the direct supervision of the Area Coordinator and technical guidance of the Provincial immunization officer/PPEO, the incumbent will work as Immunization Officer within the framework of national policies and guidelines defined in WHO programme and policy documents to provide support to the polio eradication efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1- Primary responsible for initiating, maintaining, strengthening a functional structure required for the successful implementation of Supplementary Immunization Activities in the assigned areas.
2- Lead in provision of technical support to the Govt. Authorities and partners in planning, implementation, supervision on Polio campaigns (OPV/IPV/fIPV) and other immunization campaigns like Measles, MR, Typhoid, Covid-19 etc.
3- Organize and actively participate, share analytic findings for action, follow up on decisions taken in DPEC, readiness and daily evening meetings during campaign.
4- Ensure selection of appropriate independent monitors (TTSP, UCSP, others) local vaccinators and supervisors according to the SIAs national guidelines
5- Coordinate with district team ensuring appropriate training program as per national guidelines applied in all UC level trainings sessions
6- Build capacity of UCMOs in preparing and updating micro plans, incorporating all hamlets, teams assigned rationalized workload
7- Supervise WHO immunization team, judicious demand, and transparent use of allocated resources in the district.
8- Conduct, collect, analyze, and share results of ICM, market survey and PCM in IDIMS and with district team
9- Facilitate planning and monitor sweeping activity resulted from PCM and or LQAs failed lots
10- Organize regular in-depth data analysis and performance review of Polio campaigns at the district and other appropriate levels.
11- Support all or specific polio surveillance activities when assigned by the Provincial and National supervisor
12- Implement any other task assigned by the Supervisor.
1- All key SIAs standards and indicators, as per National SIAs Guidelines, are achieved in the district or assigned area.
2- All key indicators of Surveillance and Immunization activities as per NEAP are met in the district or assigned area.
Functional skills and experience:
· The incumbent must have at least 1 year of professional work experience in polio eradication, immunization activities, health emergencies OR other field-level public health programs.
· Proficiency in MS Office.
· Familiarity and work experience with community.
The incumbent must have clear understanding of gender equality, sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
· Fostering integration and Teamwork
· Producing results
· Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences.
· Effective and credible communication
· Degree in medicine (MBBS/MD), Registered with Pakistan Medical Council (PMC)
· Bachelor degree in dentistry (BDS) with Master in Public Health.
· Proficiency in English and Urdu languages (both written and spoken). Additional local language would be preferable.
WHO Pakistan is an Equal Opportunity Employer and female applicants are encouraged to apply for these positions.