Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, with a matrix reporting line to the Regional HR Business Partner in the Regional Office, the HR Analyst ensures effective delivery of HR services in the Pakistan Country Office (CO). The incumbent interprets and applies HR policies, rules and regulations, implements internal procedures and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of complex HR issues. The HR Analyst promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach and contributes to the maintenance of high staff morale. The HR Analyst works in close collaboration with the Programme, Operations and teams in the CO and UN Women regional Office (RO) ensuring successful CO performance in HR management.
1. Provide technical and coordination support tothe implementation of HR strategies and policies in the Country Office
· Plan, organize, manage and supervise the work of the HR unit.
· Ensure full compliance of HR activities with UN rules and regulations, UN Women policies, procedures and strategies;
· Provide technical support in CO HR business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management as needed
· Provide business partnership with project teams, and ensure proper use of contractual modalities
· Provide coordination support of interim local salary, hardship and place-to-place surveys as needed.
- Interact regularly with programme teams to understand existing and emerging HR requirements to pro-actively deliver the same.
- Advise and counsel staff in respect of rights, responsibilities, code of conduct and difficulties associated with work and entitlements.
- Provide advice on interpretation and application of policies, regulations and rules. Reviews and provides advice on exceptions to policies, regulations and rules.
2. Oversee recruitment and selection and selection
· Manage recruitment processes including drafting of job descriptions, vacancy announcement, screening of candidates, organization and participation in the interview panels.
· Ensure that the recruitment and selection process is completed within the prescribed staffing timelines and in accordance with regulations.
· Provide submission to the CRB
· Manage and file contracts in and outside Atlas.
· Forecast staffing needs
· Monitor and track transactions related to positions, recruitment, HR data, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivity, recoveries, adjustments and separations through Atlas.
· Develop and manage consultancy rosters.
3. Oversee the implementation of workplace relations and learning and development activities in the Country Office
· Ensure compliance of the mandatory training
· Participate and coordinate in the CO learning team
· Organize information session on workplace relations issues based on standard training materials. Escalate any issues related to workplace relations as needed
· Provide advice on interpretation and application of policies, regulations and rules. Reviews and provides advice on exceptions to policies, regulations and rules.
· Ensure on-boarding of new staff, organize learning sessions for staff on HR issues.
4. Oversee the staff performance management and career development activities in the Country Office
· Oversee and facilitate the implementation of the performance review cycle, and escalate any issues related to performance management in a timely manner
- Provide general advice and guidance to Senior Management on HR practices and their implementation, in close liaison with the Regional HR Business Partner particularly for career development and transition, learning plan and performance assessment.
- Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing
· Participate in the organization and conduct of training for operations/ programme staff on HR issues.
· Provide inputs to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
· Provide inputs and data to reports as necessary
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: http://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-employment-values-and-competencies-definitions-en.pdf
· Good understanding of human resources management
· Good Analytical skills
· Good planning and organization skills
· Ability to promote a learning environment
· Promotes a learning environment in the office
· Good team player, client-oriented
· Strong IT skills, knowledge of Atlas is an asset
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· General understanding of gender equality and women’s empowerment issues
Master’s Degree or equivalent in HR, Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Sciences or related field.
· At least 1 year of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing HR advisory services and managing staff and operational systems.
· Experience in recruitment and selection processes
· Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and experience in handling of web based management systems.
· Fluency in English is required
· Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset. Required Skills