The Sr. Project Associate shall report directly to the NPC, and facilitates him/her in identifying operational and financial issues and assist in resolving them. He / She will provide assistance to the NPC in all aspects of the project cycle with a focus on the project implementation and budget management. The following activities shall be performed
· Supervise the work in all aspects of the daily administration, including processing and follow-up on budgets and financial issues, Monitoring and Evaluation, payments, travel, procurement and other operational aspects of project implementation
· Writing project reports and progress updates
· Provide required input in proper work planning and implementation of the project
· Facilitate in the preparation of Term of Reference for the staff and consultants, and oversee the recruitment process
· Analysis of operational budget formats (ATLAS) in accordance with the UNDP financial management system and ensure accuracy of document and compliance.
· Analysis of operational budget formats (PROMIS) in accordance with the UNDP financial management system and ensure accuracy of document and compliance.
· Provide training on PROMIS (as and when required) to field offices and personnel in service to ensure compliance with financial rules and regulations and procurement procedures.
· Participate in periodic visit to the sub-offices to review compliance with the recognized procedures.
· Prepare the documents for reversals and adjustment entries in ATLAS if required.
· Any other responsibility assigned by the NP
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills
· Excellent Writing Skills
· Ability to work under stress and to undertake multi-tasking;
· Good physical health and ability to travel to local areas with basic travel facilities;
People management skills