Under the overall technical guidance of the Safety and Security Coordinator (SSC) and the direct supervision of the ILO Country Director (CD), the Local Security Assistant (LSA) will assists in the implementation of security operations and all matters relating to the management of safety and security for ILO personnel and activities in the country or in the region of assignment. The position is currently for a period of 6 months with further possible extension depending on the performance of the candidate and the availability of funds.
Functions/Key Results Expected
1- Assist ILO OD in collecting, updating and communicating information regarding security situation in the country
· Liaise and coordinate as appropriate for the ILO through DSS Pakistan with the host government security organizations and /or personnel including national provincial authorities, military and police officers, as well as non-governmental organizations, and other non-state actors in the area of operation.
· Helps to assess the security situation at the duty station by ensuring adequate gathering and verification of security information and procedure that require for constant monitoring of the situations for ILO OD.
· Communication information on security to the ILO OD and SSC and request security advice from UNDSS as required.
· Maintains regular contacts with UNDSS and country security cell.
· May be requested to provide technical assistance for SMT meetings.
2-Assist in maintaining the security plan including updating staff lists
· Helps in preparation and review of ILO security plan
· Supports actions during the implementation of security plan as required.
3- Assist ILO OD in monitoring compliance with MOSS established for the duty station. Also assist with the compilation of data required for the MOSS self-assessment program
· Actively participating in UNDSS/SIOC security meetings regarding MOSS assessment.
· To assist OD in implementing recommended security measures in order to beef up security of the ILO Country and field offices.
· To render security advise to staff during their official and private visits to various locations in line with UNDSS and other security agencies advisories.
· To maintain close liaison with local security agencies to ensure compliance of security SOP’s.
4- Assist in reporting security incidents affecting ILO staff and project as well as offices and assets. Assist in preparation of security reports such as security incidents Report, the security assessments.
· Assisting OD in preparing SIR Forms in the most timely and accurate manners.
· Carry out if any follow up actions are required and liaise with other law enforcement agencies if involved.
· Assisting OD in preparing and sharing security reports and security assessments etc.
5- Provide support in organizing and conducting training courses on security awareness and preparedness and providing security orientation to newly assigned staff members. Conducts security briefings as required.
· Ensure that UNDSS essential security courses are undertaken by all staff.
· Arranging in-house demonstrations for emergency evacuations and fire & safety awareness drills etc.
· Designing and training of staff in different emergencies/security situations.
6- Provides general administration assistance to the ILO OD
· Maintains routine and confidential correspondence files/documents.
· Maintains full contract details in relation to ILO staff and activities.
· Arranges appointments, receives visitors, places and screen telephone calls (if required) and answer quarries with discretion and takes minutes and/or notes at meetings related with safety and security as required.
7- Performs other security related tasks as assigned by ILO OD.
· Conducts security evaluations and assists for the implementation of security measures for the residences (MORSS) of ILO staff, as well as on latest trends and threats to staff safety and security.
· Maintaining ILO warden system and keeps update of information related to ILO offices and staff residences.
· Provide assistance in installing and implementing security access control and identification system.
· Maintain liaison with security companies used for ILO security at offices and residences in order to ensure effective and efficient use of guard force.Required Competencies:
1. Planning and organizing
· Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and to plan.
· Coordinate and monitor own work with minimum of supervision.
· Ability to work under pressure or in crisis situation.
· Availability to travel within area of responsibility.
· Ability to actively seek to improve services.
· Offer new and different options to solve problems/client needs.
· Promote and persuade other to consider new ideas.
3. Team work
· Proven inter personal skills and ability to listen and work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
· Proven and sustained verbal and written communication skills
5-7 Years experience in security , preferably in military or police context or related field of work. Prior experience with the UN system or an international NGO is desirable.
Fluency in English and national language of the duty station.