- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar, Quetta
Secondary school education, supplemented by courses/diploma in security training and/or certified graduation from military/police academy.
4 Years(Four years of security experience within a national/military police or a private security company.)
PKR. 50,000 to 60,000/month
Within delegated authority, the Security Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assist in reviewing countrywide security situation on a daily basis, compile and put together factual information, provide preliminary analysis as required;
- Assist in maintaining the Security Plan up-to-date, including updating list of staff and eligible family members;
- Contribute to the update of fire safety arrangements, plans for fire/building evacuation, relocation/evacuation of staff to a safe haven and efficient implementation of all these arrangements and plans;
- Maintain Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS) for equipment;
- Assist in developing and implementing MOSS and ensuring that all WFP offices are compliant;
- Monitor the security service of a team of guards and ensure continuous coverage of security check points at all times;
- Assign daily duties to security personnel;
- Intervene personally to resolve problems or refer them immediately to the supervisor;
- Instruct personnel in the performance of security services, including fire control, first aid procedures, use of equipment and operation of the automated alarm and video surveillance systems, if installed;
- Operate metal detectors and other identification equipment for screening personal belongings;
- Maintain updated directories and security personnel lists;
- Respond to personnel and telephone enquiries and provide appropriate information or suggest alternative sources of information;
- Supervise the issuance of building passes and issue building passes;
- Prepare for the arrival of groups and special guests to WFP;
- Investigate and provide report on all incidents that involve a breach of security procedures, injuries, thefts, etc;
- Liaise as necessary with the local administration, police authorities, fire services and other emergency services;
- Supervise and train other security staff;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Background directly related with security issues (e.g. in military, police, etc). Good political and social knowledge of the country. Training and/or practical experience in maintaining electronic security databases, using standard computer applications and operation of the automated alarm and video surveillance systems (if installed). Knowledge of how to operate metal detectors and other security equipment.