- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Logistics Officer (COMPAS)
University degree in computer science, business administration, statistics, mathematics, or management related to the area of work, i.e. air transport, surface transport, shipping etc.
PKR. 125,000 to 150,000/month
Purpose: Under the direct supervision of the Head of Logistics or his designate, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise staff and providetechnical support to all COMPAS ( Commodity Movement Processing andAnalysis System) stations in Pakistan
- Identify requirements and ensureadequate computer equipments, suitable telecommunication platform and appropriate staffing levels are inplace to support commodity tracking activities in the country
- Expand COMPAS with operationalneeds
- Implement eWaybill in Pakistan
- Define necessary COMPASdocumentation and its flow and ensure standard transport documents(LTI-Landside Transport Instruction, Waybills, etc) are used for all foodmovements and processing in the country
- Monitor accuracy and completenessof COMPAS data, develop and introduce procedures to ensure accurate andcomplete data is recorded and replicated to Country Office and Headquarters(HQ) on daily basis
- Coordinate regularly with Programme,Pipeline, Procurement, Operations and Finance and ensure COMPAS data iscomplete and accurate
- Ensure IPSAS compliance at allCOMPAS stations in the country for commodity accounting
- Ensure physical and COMPAS stocksare matching
- Ensure COMPAS and SAP stocks arematching at the end of every month
- Ensure food stocks expiry ismonitored regularly and any abnormalities are reported to management intimely manner
- Ensure daily stocks and relatedreports are produced and shared with all concerned
- Ensure Transport, Suppliers andFood Inspection payment processing is performed on COMPAS reports intimely manner
- Establish standard reportingprocedures and formats in the country
- Produce quarterly, annualreports, validated COMPAS data and commodity movement reports whenrequired
- Maintain a standard data backupsystem in the country office and sub offices
- Identify training needs and buildcapacity of COMPAS staff
- Liaison with all field offices tomaintain required data in COMPAS and resolve any queries or discrepanciesin the records
- Liaison with Programme and HQ toensure SPRs( Standard Project Reports) are released on time
- Liaison with Regional Bureau andHQ to ensure data remains accurate and complete in COMPAS and SAP
- Perform any other related duties assigned by the Supervisor
- General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration.
- Good knowledge of WFP specific software.
- Additional training and professional experience in the field of work would be an advantage.