The positions are located in FAO Project Office in Quetta, Pakistan. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural , fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Pakistan and the direct supervision of the FAOProject Manager (CTA) in Balochistan and the Deputy Project Manager (DCOP) the Senior Finance Associate will conduct the following tasks:
Provide experienced coordination and delivery to the entire range of finance support processes and services.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Assist and advise the Finance Officer (FO) in the financial aspects of estimates, tenders, procurement and other financial functions of the FAO Project(s), ensuring compliance with established FAO norms and procedures;
- Assist and advise FO with maintenance of project accounts, particularly to ensure accounts completion and reconciliation of the project Imprest Account Returns & other financial reports;
- Independently check bills, Travel / DSA claims for accuracy and completeness, take corrective measures, prepare DV/AV/RV and submit to DCOP for review and onward signature of the PM;
- Manage the Locally Recoverable Items / Advances (LRIs for project activities in the field) of the FAO projects in Balochistan, including the clearing of LRIs, making monthly overviews and reminding staff members in case of exceeding due dates and prevent any LRI to exceed 90 days and report to responsible officer regularly (DCOP);
- Scrutinize financial proposals and supporting documents ensuring their accuracy and compliance, check if the cost sharing agreement is attached and estimates are arithmetically correct, instalments modes are clearly mentioned etc. Chalk out a detailed recovery/cost-share plan for all interventions which are co-financed by the project and report to the responsible officer regularly (DCOP);
- Advise and assist in developing a budget monitoring system in close consultation with the FO, including monthly expense statements through Data Ware House and or GRMS with clear identification of hard/soft commitments, advances, costrecovery/share and balances against each budget line. Prepare monthly financial overviews and manage the budget monitoring system;
- Maintain all files in relation to financial matters clearly segregating records of cost share, LRIs etc;
- Perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned by Project management and the FO as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Master of Business Administration in Finance or equivalent degree with strong financial back ground;
- At least 10 years experience in a similar position;
- Good financial planning, budgeting and control capacities of complex field programmes
- In depth knowledge and experience of UN and FAO (GRMS) accounting and auditing systems will be an added advantage;
- Knowledge of and experiences with UN organization and UN rules and regulations are other assets;
- Ability to handle stress;
- Good communication, reporting and presentation skills (working knowledge) in English (both written and spoken) and Urdu;
- Fluent in Urdu, Balochi, Pashto and good working knowledge of English;
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams is essential;
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Power-point, Project planning tools, ORACLE, GRMS etc)
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Remain open to change and ability to manage complexity;
- Ability to work and act under pressure and with discretion in multicultural environment;
- Demonstrate capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time to meet goals in a high pressure;
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team of stakeholders, manage competing priorities and perform well under pressure;
- Good knowledge of communication and documentation standards.
Candidates will be assessed against the requirements listed above.
Please note that all candidates should adhere toFAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
All candidates should adhere to FAO values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications are to be made through FAOsiRecruitment system. Kindly go to the below link (copy & paste on your web browser) to accessiRecruitment,complete your online profile and apply for this position.
In order for your application to be properly evaluated, please ensure that all sections of your iRecruitment account are completed. Incomplete applications will not be evaluated.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact:iRecruitment@fao.org