WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability. ABOUT JOB
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Duration: Long Term
Duty Station: Islamabad
Vacancy Number: 168221
Date of publication: 1 July 2022
Deadline of application: 14th July 2022
This vacancy announcement is for Pakistani nationals only.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, pension, leave plus a medical insurance.*Remote work if applicable or/FWA until return to office or travel is possible due to covid-19 restrictions.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This position will be based in Country Office Islamabad, Pakistan and will report directly to the Head of HR.
Job holders operate with minimal supervision and serves as the Deputy of the Unit and provide guidance to junior staff to ensure that operational and project objectives are achieved. They are heavily involved in day–to-day activities and analytical work. Job holders provide advice on low complex issues, applying HR rules, regulations and expertise in making determinations and recommendations across a range of activities.
To deliver a professional, client-focused HR services, partnering with managers to implement HR solutions in line with WFP corporate priorities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute towards the development of country specific plans and processes, and deliver HR operational activities or projects, following standard processes and ensuring alignment with wider WFP policies.
- Provide advice to managers and employees, understanding their needs and ensuring policies, procedures, processes, systems and tools are available and correctly applied to support them.
- Provide effective management of the employment relationship between WFP and its staff, by administering conditions of service, contracts and appropriate entitlements, and resolving employee relations issues.
- Contribute to staff capability building, working with managers to understand individual skills and business requirements, and organizing/delivering development solutions which equip people with the skills and knowledge required to meet current and future challenges.
- Deliver onboarding activities which ensure new employees have a positive experience of WFP and are successfully integrated into their new role and the organisation.
- Contribute to building and managing talent within WFP, working with managers to understand their needs and delivering solutions to recruit, retain, manage and develop a high calibre workforce to deliver business objectives.
- Support organizational design activities that enable senior management to define and organize structures and jobs and allocate people to the right places in order to improve efficiency.
- Guide and supervise junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
- Collate and analyse data for the preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP wide view of HR activities that enables informed decision-making and consistent information for stakeholders.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by implementing new/updated HR policies, procedures and systems and recommending improvements to ways of working.
- Other as required.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Lead and provide direction to the overall talent acquisition strategy for WFP Pakistan in order to attract and hire the best talent in support of the Country Strategic Plan. • Ensure state-of-the art, highly effective and efficient recruitment and selection operations across Pakistan. Including guiding and supporting HR staff across all field offices and ensuring implementation of best practices.• Focal person for talent acquisition of International Consultants recruitment and overseeing contract management.• In liaison with Unit Heads and Heads of Provincial Offices, lead and coordinate talent review and succession planning processes, in accordance with the WFP Staffing Framework.• Propose and implement talent acquisition strategy keeping a focus on gender parity, disability and inclusion among other areas and address challenges and improvement needs within the framework of the Human Resources Global guidelines.• Provide direction and oversee HR analytics, dashboard, org. charts, E-Recruitment and ensuring necessary reports are timely generated and available for country management. • Roll-out and execution of new corporate systems, process improvement initiatives etc. • Train HR support staff and other stakeholders on HR best practices.• Design and implement employer branding initiatives.• Build and maintain strategic partnerships, including professional associations, academic institutions, talent sourcing institutions, and other recruiting sources to ensure constant presence of a talent pipeline and an active talent outreach programme. • Support the Head of HR and support staff in Learning & Development Initiatives, Global Staff Surveys and Performance Management related initiatives.• Oversee operational issues including but not limited to payroll, contract management, entitlements etc.• Represent WFP Pakistan in inter agency meetings/committees and forums.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- At-least 3 to 5 years of professional (managerial) experience in the field of talent acquisition and management.
- Experience related to policy planning and implementation. Hands on knowledge of Employee Value Proposition.
- Experience related to Learning and Development is desirable.
- Has provided direction and instruction to junior staff members within area of expertise.
- Has gained extensive experience providing strategic and systems support across multiple activities in employment life cycle including recruitment, interviews, training support, performance management, relocation support and policy implementation within a country office environment.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Broad or specialised knowledge of HR best practices, techniques and processes with some understanding of the basic theoretical background.
- Ability to supervise and support more junior and/or less experienced members of the team.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to analyse data, draw conclusions and recommend a course of action.
- Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and provide client-oriented service. Ability to identify client’s needs and match them to appropriate solutions.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly assimilate, UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
LINK TO APPLY:
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.