Consultant for Strategic planning support to EVAW/G) Alliance, Sindh, Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (KP), Balochistan and Punjab
UN Women has been working across provinces on prevention, response and redressal of violence against women and girls in collaboration with government and CSOs and alliances. EVAW/G alliances as a network of CSOs and individuals play a pivotal role as a coordinating platform on ending violence against women and girls, particularly, in relation to provincial, national and international commitments on gender equality and women’s empowerment. In this regard, UN Women is seeking services of a consultant in developing strategic plans for EVAW/G alliances across provinces in the light of strategic priorities of respective provincial governments and UN Women for ending violence against women. The strategic plan will enable CSOs and individuals who are part of EVAW/G Alliances to envision, plan, engage, monitor, debate and exchange information frequently through a formal mechanism. This will also enable to develop a comprehensive, realistic, useful and results oriented frameworks to end violence against women in compliance to standards described in national and international frameworks.
The consultant will work in close collaboration with respective designated Officers at UN Women’s Provincial Offices in Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar and Quetta, and under the overall guidance and supervision of the Portfolio Lead (Governance, Women Human Rights and EVAW-UN Women Country Office).
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Portfolio Lead (Governance, Women Human Rights and EVAW Portfolio, UN Women Pakistan), the consultant will perform the following activities separately for all four provinces in developing context specific strategic plans for EVAW/G alliance in Balochistan, KP, Punjab and Sindh.
1) Share a detailed workplan with methodology and tools required to develop Strategies for EVAW/G Alliances;
2) Conduct a comprehensive context specific needs assessment of existing 4 EVAW/G alliances by identifying functional and technical capacity needs;
3) Conduct a feasibility study on setting up secretariats/teams/offices;
4) Assess on existing coordination and cooperation mechanisms between the CSOs and respective government agencies, as well as international partners, including UN Agencies and other donors;
5) Assess EVAW/G alliances communications and public outreach plan, capacities, and mechanisms;
6) Conduct meetings with respective WDDs and other line departments on the roles and responsibilities, coordination mechanisms and scope of work of EVAW/G alliances;
7) Conduct joint consultations with CSOs to share assessments and get their inputs; and
8) Develop a comprehensive strategy with clear vison and mission statement. The strategy will include:
- Detailed action plans for four EVAW/G alliances for next five years;
- Influencing and advocacy plans separately for four EVAW/G alliances; and
- Communications strategies (focusing all stakeholders) for four EVAW/G alliances.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Political or Social Science, International Development Studies, Gender/Women's Studies, Human Rights, Law or any other related discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience of undertaking similar assignments.
- Strong analytical, writing and communication skills.
- Computer skills comprising knowledge of windows, and MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Fluency in English and Urdu.