Organizational Context and Scope:
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all.
Over the years, IOM has expanded and affirmed its role as the leading Organization assisting the Government of Pakistan to ensure humane and orderly movement of people by devising practical solutions to shifting dynamics of migration, protecting, assisting and supporting vulnerable migrant populations, promoting international cooperation on migration issues and serving as a key source of advice on migration policy, research, data and practice.
With the COVID-19 pandemic, IOM recognizes that vulnerabilities of migrant populations have been exacerbated, especially of returning Pakistani migrant workers and require targeted measures to ensure their sustainable reintegration. Keeping this in view, IOM, in close partnership with Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) and Ministry of Overseas Pakistani and Human Resource Development, aims to contribute towards addressing these challenges through provision of technical and vocational skills trainings and small business start-up support to vulnerable returning Pakistani migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Programme Manager, the direct supervision of the National Project Officer and in close coordination with Migration Management Coordinator and relevant units, the successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation of activities related to reintegration of vulnerable returning Pakistani migrants. More specifically, s/he will be responsible for deliverables outlined in the following sections:
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assist the National Project Officer with implementation, monitoring and reporting of all activities under the project, in compliance with donor’s administrative, legal and procedural requirements
- Draft correspondence, reports, briefing notes, presentations and other forms of documentation relating to project activities
- Support administrative coordination of project implementation, involving liaison with diverse organizational units and external parties to initiate requests, obtain necessary clearances, process and follow-up on administrative actions, etc.
- Assist in organizing meetings, community outreach events and capacity building / trainings workshops.
- Maintain, organize and update shared folders associated with the project
- Support the internal communication and information sharing between relevant departments at IOM and with external project stakeholders.
- Undertake site visits and duty travel as required.
- Perform other such duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Business Administration or related fields from an accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience,
- OR completed High School degree with at least four years of relevant professional experiences.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience with international organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting.
- Ability to summarize disparate information in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Publisher, Excel and Power point).
- English and Urdu (Fluent)
- Working knowledge of other Regional Languages would be desirable (Pashto, Punjabi, Balochi etc.)
IOM provides equal opportunity to all qualified female and male including the physically challenged candidates.