These positions are located in FAO Project Offices in KP. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall supervision of FAO Representative in Pakistan and in close coordination with Assistant FAO Representative (Program / Administration) and Admin/Finance Associate, the incumbent will report to Project Coordinator in performance of the following functions:
The incumbents work impacts on the timely and efficient delivery of the immediate work unit’s programme.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Drive the project office staff and their official visitors on official 'trips.
- Handle local and organizational formalities when involved in an accident; ensure that in this case all organizational and local/country rules, regulations and procedures are followed correctly.
- Collect and deliver mail, documents, pouches, and other communications I items from and to the country office; go to the post off airport, government agencies, other UN agencies, institutions, project sites, etc., to take and deliver items and communications; keep records as required.
- When needed, assist the project office staff in performing simple clerical duties such as making and answering telephone calls, making photocopies, keeping records, etc.
- Perform other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Candidates will be assessed against the following
Education: Secondary school education. Possession of valid driving license.
Experience: Five years of work experience as a driver. Flawless, safe driving record.
Languages: Working knowledge (Level C) of English and Urdu.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Good knowledge of the local driving rules and regulations; skills in minor vehicle repair.
- A high degree of punctuality and reliability is required.
- Safe driving manner. Good sense of direction and knowledge of local conditions.
- Ability to cope with extended working hours.
Candidates will be assessed against the requirements listed above.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognised in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT