- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Associate Comm/PI Officer, NOB (PN. 10005967) - VN/09/2018
Fixed Term ( First Shift (Day) )
Undergraduate degree (equivalent of a BA/BS) in Journalism, International Relations, Communications, Political Science or similar relevant field.
3 Years(Minimum of 3 years of relevant job experience at professional level in progressively responsible functions related to UNHCR and/or any other humanitarian agency on promotional activities of the agency.)
The Associate Communication/PI Officer will work under the supervision and guidance of the (Senior) Communication/PI Officer or (Deputy) Representative. The incumbent will assist his/her supervisor to give, obtain and exchange information requiring discussion and explanation. S/he may supervise one support staff.
External contacts are generally with a broad range of officials from national and international institutions, media or general public on matters of importance to the Organization.
- Assist in developing and implementation of the communications strategies, campaigns, events and other initiatives in support of UNHCR's strategic objectives.
- Provide necessary output in researching, preparing, fact-checking, editing, and producing of the professional media and communications materials for various audiences and ensuring through the Representative their timely dissemination via UNHCR's communications channels.
- Assist in organizing press events, handling interviews requests, and on behalf of the Representative or other senior staff providing responses to requests from media relating to UNHCR and its work in consultation with the supervisor.
- Develop working relationships with Governments, NGOS, and UN agencies in order to raise interest and develop cooperation.
- Undertake missions and field trips with media and other official visitors in support of UNHCR and its work.
- Actively maintain media relations for UNHCR and have access to information and UNHCR expertise.
- Assist in preparation of communications budgets.
- Perform other duties as required.
Represent UNHCR in press events, interviews and other media events.
Produce reports and press releases for donors and other stakeholders.
- Empowering and Building Trust
- Innovation and Creativity
- Technological Awareness
- Political Awareness
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Undergraduate degree (equivalent of a BA/BS) in Journalism, International Relations, Communications, Political Science or similar relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant job experience at professional level in progressively responsible functions related to UNHCR and/or any other humanitarian agency on promotional activities of the agency.
- General understanding of UN/UNHCR reforms and the priority agenda of the organization.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint essential).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English and another UN language.
- Highly developed drafting ability in the UN working language of the duty station.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES.
- Completion of UNHCR Learning Programmes or specific training relevant to functions of position.
- Very good IT affinity specific focus on preparation of website/pages.
- Background in journalism and/or communications & advocacy.
- Experience in engagement and outreach with social media.
- Experience in humanitarian an asset.