- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
| | Industry:
Individual Contract - SSA ( First Shift (Day) )
10 Years(work experience with the legal sector, particularly in legal policy research, analysis, and drafting of legislation including a full understanding of Pakistan´s institutional processes.)
UN Womens Governance, Women Human Rights and EVAW Portfolio in collaboration with the WDD Sindh, is planning to review provincial laws and policies in the Sindh Province to determine their alignment and compatibility with international human rights instruments and their provisions for gender equality. The aim is to provide recommendations and technical assistance to help WDD Sindh improve provincial constitutional, legislative and policy frameworks for ending violence against women and promote gender equality. For this purpose, UN Women seeks to recruit a consultant to assist WDD Sindh for reviewing and finalizing the pro-women legislations drafted by the WDD Sindh, align them with international human rights instruments, prepare their rules of business and costed implementation plans to develop a well guided implementation framework. The consultant will work under the direct supervision of the Director WDD Sindh and Programme Officer, UN Women Office Karachi under the overall guidance of the Portfolio Lead (Governance, Women Human Rights and EVAW- UN Women Country Office).
Under the overall guidance and approval of the Portfolio Lead (Governance, Women Human Rights and EVAW Portfolio, UN Women Pakistan), the Expert will perform the following minimum activities:
- Prepare a work plan containing timeframe and milestones in consultation with WDD.
- Map out existing laws/legal frameworks, draft bills from gender perspective and prepare recommendations regarding gaps, amendments and areas that require new legislation.
- Conducting desk review/ research, legal analysis of relevant legislations on ending violence against women in Pakistan and particularly in Sindh.
- Prepare a summary of inputs provided in specific components of various legal/policy documents that are drafted, amended or reviewed from gender perspective.
- Identify gap, draft and revise the drafts in the light of comments from law department and stakeholders.
- Consult with key relevant stakeholders for their input.
- Finalize and share the documents with Director and Secretary WDD for endorsement from relevant authority.
- Coordinate with law department for submitting the revised final drafts for re-vetting.
The assignment will be for 6 months starting from 1 January 2018 till 30 June 2018
- A minimum of 10 years of work experience with the legal sector, particularly in legal policy research, analysis, and drafting of legislation including a full understanding of Pakistans institutional processes.
- Proven experience on Gender and Women Empowerment issues.
- Knowledge and understanding of international commitments on gender signed by the Government of Pakistan particularly CEDAW.
- Ability to work under pressure and as part of a team.
- Strong analytical, writing and communication skills
- Computer skills comprising knowledge of Windows, internet communications and command of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Fluency in English and Urdu.