| | Industry:
National Project Personnel (NPP) ( First Shift (Day) )
University post-graduate qualification in land management or related field.
Overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Pakistan (FAOR); direct supervision of FAO National Project Coordinator; oversight of the FAO international VGGT Adviser;close collaboration with government officials, including theNational Project Director and National Focal Points of the Sindh Provincial Governments Revenue Board and Planning and Development, Agriculture, Livestock and Dairy Development, Irrigation and Forestry Departments andDadu, Jamshoro, Larkarna, Matiari, Mirpur Khas, Sujawal, Tando Allahyar and Tando Muhammad Khan District/Divisional Revenue Department and Agriculture, Livestock, Irrigation and Forestry Offices;and assisted by project staff of the Project Management Unit (i.e. short-term international consultants and short and long-term national consultants recruited by FAO), and international and national sub-contractors (e.g. NGOs and consultancy firms).
More specifically, the following tasks will be undertaken according to the project context:
- Conduct research through primary and secondary sources to document the land tenure system in target areas, in particular those governing farming systems of project beneficiaries.
- Develop a realistic and technically sound strategy for improving landholding-security for peasant farmers andharis; and share with the provincial and district governments.
- Review the local capacities for the management of natural resources and suggest measures to reduce conflicts emanating from land and water use.
- Analyse and document the existing landlord and tenant relationship and explore opportunities for promoting equitable, transparent and balanced arrangements which improves trust and reduces vulnerabilities on both sides.
- Ensure effective compliance of VGGT framework.
- Supervise and coordinate signing of agreements between landlords andharisand its effective compliance.
- Assists stakeholders in resolving grievances and disputes.
- Advocate with the government agencies and civil society organizations to initiate measures to improve the land tenure arrangement with special focus onharis.
- Regularly update FAO Pakistan senior management on any operational constraints, progress to date.
- Perform any other relevant task as requested by the Supervisor.
- The incumbent will ensure strict adherence to the UNDSS security procedures and advisory and perform any additional security related task on voluntary basis as required by the Supervisor.
Technical Competencies and Experience Requirements
- At least 08 years of professional experience, with practical experiences in protected
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is essential
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively in the field
- Excellent communication, networking, written and presentation skills
- Fluent in English with strong writing and presentation skills
University post-graduate qualification in land management or related field. At least ten years of relevant experience in land tenure and five years as a project manager/team leader. A working knowledge of the English language and ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams is essential.