The Programme Associate is located in Islamabad and reports to the Head of Technical Support Unit
The Programme Associate is intended to provide support to the TSU applying established systems and procedures and assists in the creation of substantive knowledge by compiling, synthesizing and analyzing information to monitor implementation of recommendations and coordination in reporting task force on population dynamics.
Major Activities/Expected Results
- Provides programme support by compiling and analyzing information in the subject areas of the National Action Plan on Population Dynamics and Family Planning;
- Evaluates TSU related activities, establishing and implementing mechanisms to systematically assess the achievement of results, conducting field visits, participating in meetings, missions and preparing regular inputs to status and progress achieved against the recommendations of the SC.
- Analyzes basic factors affecting the achievement of results against the Action Plan, recommends corrective actions and follows up on recommendations.
- Under the supervision of the Head of the TSU and in coordination with the TSU team members, counterparts in government, multi-lateral and bi-lateral agencies and civil society and other provincial task force focal personnel, coordinates and compiles related inputs for timely follow-up and reporting.
- Provides logistical support to the TSU and the Federal and Provincial Task Forces by coordinating review meetings and other related events.
- Assists in programme execution in line with the required policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all official documents are prepared and kept in the Unit files for retrieval and archiving.
- . Drafts letters, takes minutes and performs other office support tasks, including arranging meeting schedules and maintaining records.
- Checks and examines various financial reports for accuracy and consistency against approved budgets.
- Contributes to creation and sharing of knowledge by documenting strategies and approaches related to the implementation of the recommendations in the Action Plan.
• Completed Secondary Level Education required. First level university degree desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the public or private sector and programme development and management;
- Knowledge on results-based management;
- Ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral form;
- Excellent minute-taking and writing skills;
- Proficiency in current office software applications.
· Exemplifying integrity
· Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
· Embracing cultural diversity
· Embracing change
· Achieve results
· Being accountable
· Developing and applying professional expertise/ business acumen
· Thinking analytically and strategically
· Working in teams/ managing ourselves and our relationships
· Communicating for impact
Functional Skill Set:
· Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
· Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships
· Delivering results-oriented programmes
· Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilization
Fluency in oral and written English and Urdu