Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, and the direct supervision of the Field Emergency Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for the supporting IOM’s reporting activities. In particular he/she will:
1. Support all IOM flood response reporting activities, including:
· Draft accurate and concise input for situation reports, project reports, success stories and donor reports
· When required and in close coordination with the HoSO and the Islamabad office, act as point of contact with media department to provide up to date and relevant information for IOM press notes and interviews
· Support documentary activities, by taking photos and coordinating/supervising professional photographer/camera team visits to the field
· Support the media department in Islamabad to maintain photo library and update social media sites with new photos
· Draft general, donor-specific and activity-specific reports and summaries
· Track agreements for implementation and distributions to be undertaken by implementing partners
· Prepare Weekly Emergency Distribution Report for Monsoon update and Monthly Report for IOM newsletter
· When required, act as a branding focal point for field activities, ensuring that all branding requirements are met for high-level visits and photo-ops to ensure donor and IOM visibility in the field, within security restrictions.
· When required, liaise with logistics, information management, shelter cluster, mass communications, health, media and HR departments to gather information for IOM situation reports
· When required, travel to field hubs and project sites to collect information and success stories documenting the impact of IOM flood response on the ground
· When required, inform Reporting Officer and Information Management in Islamabad about activities, project status and provide support as requested .
· When required, provide support to logistics section when needed for checking and clearing the transport / labor payments or any other.
2. Work closely with Information Management Assistant and M&E Assistant to produce accurate timely project reports and situation reports.
3. Assist in monitoring project progress and providing updated report to IM and Reporting Officer
4. Establish contact with appropriate partner agencies when basic or special needs are identified.
5. Liaise with IM-Operations as he finalizes the IP Agreement for NFI’s, to prepare the Release Note against it to Warehouse for dispatching the NFI’s.
6. Liaise with Implementing Partners to make sure that the supplies reach at distribution points / warehouse on time as requested by Implementing Partners.
7. Liaise with Operation Officer and Emergency Coordinator to prepare the Weekly Work / Travel plan for Operation Teams.
8. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
University degree in English, Social Sciences, Media, Graphic Design or other related field.
Proven photography skills
Proven writing skills and experience producing reports, case studies and technical briefs.
Graphic design skills including knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw, Macromedia FreeHand or Adobe In-Design would be an advantage
Four years of experience in information management or reporting in international, national NGO or government program.
Extensive work experience in challenging environments and operational activities in conflict areas.
Experience of working in emergency situations highly desirable.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Willingness to travel regularly to hub offices and field sites.
Ability to work under extreme pressure in difficult conditions while maintaining security awareness.
Flexibility and focus on processes and their improvements.
Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
Stamina, determination, commitment and adaptability in the workplace are required.
Languages Fluency in Urdu and English, including excellent English writing skills. Working knowledge of Sindh, Punjab or Pashto desirable.