Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and general supervision of the RMO and the direct supervision of the Head of Sub-office, the incumbent will be responsible for the ff:
· Monitoring of all finance related activities of the sub office;
· Maintenance of files of all financial instructions/guidelines issued as reference for completion of work assignments;
· Verifying invoices and ascertaining that the equipment, supplies or services they refer to were duly received or provided before proceeding with payment request;
· Ensuring that all appropriate approvals are secured and the template for the payment request completely filled out, before processing payments to suppliers and staff members;
· Preparing the weekly financial package, ensuring that all payment requests are complete according to the actual disbursements made during the month, and ensuring that Finance in Islamabad receives the package in proper form and in timely manner;
· Preparing the funding requests to Head Office and ensuring that sufficient funds are available locally;
· Maintaining the Petty Cash account of the sub office;
· In acquisition of assets, ensuring the coordination with Islamabad Procurement for the preparation of purchase order and bids analysis if applicable, prior to the actual purchase of assets;
· Bringing to the attention of the Head of Sub-Office any relevant financial and budgetary issues;
· Suggesting improvements to internal controls and streamlining/efficiencies;
· Preparing of budget and making fund request to Head Office specific to ORS Program;
· Verifying the documents of FP for ORS Program and preparing the documents for release of tranches in accordance with the financial process flow;
· Making the report of ORS payments and sending it to head office in both hardcopy and softcopy;
· Providing training and guidance and coordinating work of other staff in the unit
· Performing any other duties as and when assigned by the Head of Sub-Office.
Desirable Qualifications University degree, preferably in Accounting / Finance / Business Administration. Four years work experience in financial management, accounting and budgeting; good knowledge of accounting system. Field experience in a post conflict environment. Familiarity with financial oversight and public administration. Ability to supervise and direct staff.
Good communication skills. Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results, respect for diversity, creative thinking. Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.