Under the direct supervision of the Programme Officer UNHCR Sub-Office Peshawar, the successful candidate will perform the following duties and functions:
1. Review Project proposals and prepare/scrutinize draft budgets regarding Refugee Affected and Hosting Areas (RAHA). Prepare implementing instruments, agreements and amendment, as required;
2. Organize data and information, prepare and maintain records, documents, and control plans.
3. Monitor and report on programme/project activities. Review progress reports, project inputs, budget and financial expenditure, obligations and expenditures as reflected in UNHCR’s financial system;
4. Follow up on any purchase request;
5. Work with implementing partners, as appropriate and maintain good relations in supports of successful programme implementation;
6. Prepare background information for discussions and contribute to the preparation of reports, project documents, correspondence and submissions to governments, other interested organizations and UNHCR senior management.
7. Draft letters and other correspondence to UNHCR’s Operational and Implementing Partners;
8. Perform specific administrative operational/control tasks for project/programme activities;
9. Collect and distribute data for the production of statistics and contribute to the assessment of trends;
10. Perform other duties as required by the supervisor.
Knowledge of UNHCR/UN programming would be an added value;
Excellent computer skills (in MS office, including Excel , Word and PowerPoint and People Soft/MSRP);
Excellent interpersonal and team player skills;
Strong analytical skill.
Flexibility and adaptability, team working, performance orientation, communication, professional and personal behaviour are UNHCR core competencies
Proficiency in English (both oral and written) as well Urdu and Pashto languages;