Polio Eradication Officer
Under the technical supervision of WHO Provincial and
Federal Team Leader for polio eradication and the overall
supervision of the WHO Representative, the Polio
Eradication Officer will be responsible of all the polio
eradication activities in the assigned district (s) and will
undertake the following duties:
Supplemental Polio Vaccination Campaigns
1. Provide technical support to pre-campaign activities
particularly planning, preparing and monitoring the quality of
area level Micro-planning, at the union council, tehsil and
2. Monitor the availability of human and material resources
and provide necessary support to augment them.
3. Ensure selection of appropriate vaccinators and
supervisors according to the guidelines
4. Monitor and support the trainings in the pre-campaign
phase; for various categories of health workers involved in
vaccination and supervision.
5. Monitor and supervise the work of all categories of health
workers during the Implementation phase of the campaign
and share the key observations and recommendations /
action points with responsible authorities on daily basis.
6. Monitor the utilization of resources and report issue, if
7. Participate in the identification and selection of the
appropriate independent monitors for Post Campaign
monitoring and validity of the process and data.
8. Thorough analysis of the post campaign independent
monitoring data after every vaccination round to: a) making
corrective measures as per guidelines; b) identifying the
issues to be addressed before the following vaccination
round and c) reporting to, and assisting the EDO (H) for
actions required, if any.
9. Work in the district Polio Control room with main emphasis on analyzing the monitoring data of all the Phases(pre-Campaign, Campaign and post campaign )and provide the Deputy Commissioner/District Coordination Officer with actionable data for decision making.
10. Help EDO H to prepare a report for DPEC in line with
the Provincial and National Emergency Action Plan and
seek support from public sector and NGO/Private sector as
11. Provide special focus on the high risk populations
during all the phases of the campaign in line with the
special strategies devised by MoH for risk populations and
the National Emergency Action Plan for Polio Eradication in
1. Support district health authorities in ensuring that there is
a system in place for comprehensive AFP case detection
2. Complement district health authorities / staff efforts to
ensure timely investigation of all AFP cases including timely
stool collection and transportation and appropriate actions
are under taken in response to the surveillance findings.
3. Undertake regular site visits to reporting sites to ensure
that no AFP cases are missed/ not reported.
4. Facilitate that all data from AFP cases are properly
collected, line-listed, analyzed and interpreted timely; and
forwarded to provincial office.
5. Regularly monitor the quality of surveillance data in the
district(s) of responsibility.
6. Participate in detailed epidemiological investigations of
urgent (hot), confirmed and compatible polio cases and
AFP cases with zero routine OPV dose.
7. Participate in training for health care workers on AFP
8. Assist in ensuring inclusion of all high risk/ underserved/
migrant population in the Surveillance network and all AFPs
are reported from them.
9. Assist with the strengthening of measles and MNT
Assist in the various aspects to ensure development,
maintenance, and monitoring of routine EPI, and participate
in SIAs related to other EPI diseases.
(Public Health; preferably in EPI/PEI and Disease