UNWOMEN is seeking the services of a Programme Coordinator in Peshawar to support implementation of its programs in KP and ensuring national gender equality commitments including implementation of CEDAW with a focus at provincial level post devolution. Under the overall guidance of the Country Director and direct supervision of Senior Programme Coordinator, the Programme Coordinator will overview UNWOMEN’s programmes in KP and FATA. Ensures effective delivery of the programme in the province and FATA by entering and managing data and supporting programme implementation consistent with UNWOMEN rules and regulations.
The Programme Coordinator KP/FATA will supervise clerical and support staff of the Programme Unit. The Programme Coordinator KP/FATA works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the CO and UNWOMEN HQs as required for resolving complex finance-related issues and exchange of information.
Summary of Key Functions:
q Support to formulation of programme strategies and implementation of the provincial programme based on country programme action plan.
q Support to management of the provincial programme
q Ensures creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategyacross UN Agencies as well as other organizations
q Provide administrative support and guidance to the Programme Unit
q Support to resource mobilization with CD and SPC.
q Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing with special attention to production and dissemination of KPs and good practices as well as mapping exercises.
q Coordination and close collaboration with provincial government, CSOs and UN
1. Supports formulation of programme strategies and implementation of the Provincial Programme based on Country Programme Action Plan focusing on achievement of the following results:
q Thorough analysis and research of the political, social and economic situation in the province and preparation of substantive inputs to UNWOMEN Strategic global, regional and sub regional and country plans and One UN Programme and related documents and ensuring its implementation in the province.
q Collection, analysis and presentation of background information for effective application of RBM tools and establishment of management targets.
q Presentation of background information for formulation of the provincial and inputs to the country programme, draft project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements and ensuring its implementation.
q Provincial coordination – KP Government and FATA.
q Identification of areas for support and interventions within the thematic/sectoral areas assigned.
2. Provides support to management of the provincial programme achieving thefollowing results:
q Effective application of RBM tools, establishment of management targets and monitoring achievement of results through system and tools. Introduction of performance indicators/ success criteria, cost recovery, targets and milestones.
q Support the design and formulation of Provincial Programme, translating UNWOMEN’s global priorities into local interventions. Coordination of programme implementation with the executing agencies and support to their implemention and capacity building.
q Overview of budget and ensuring high delivery and followup to programmatic and operational activities.
q Financial and substantive monitoring and evaluation of the projects, identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions.
q Evaluation of the programme impact. Monitoring and analysis of the programme environment, timely readjustments in portfolio.
3. Ensures creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategyacross UN Agencies as well as other organizations focusing on achievement of the following results:
q Development of partnerships with the UN Agencies, in the context of the UN OP I and II, IFI’s, government institutions, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, private sector, civil society in the specific thematic areas based on strategic goals of UNWOMEN, country needs and donors’ priorities.
q Analysis and research of information on donors, preparation of substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for initiation of new projects, active contribution to the overall office effort in resource mobilization.
q Update on functional mapping of structure of provincial programme
4. Provide administrative support and guidance to the Programme Unit focusing on achievement of the following results:
q Supervise the overall implementation of the provincial programme including technical and administrative mattersincludingpresentation of thoroughly researched information for formulation of country programme, preparation of project documents’ drafts, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.Follow up on performance indicators/ success criteria, targets and milestones, preparation of reports. Analysis of the situation in programme, identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions.
q Documentation of programme activities and management of office records
q Comment on project documents as requested by Ministries/departments and international agencies.
q Ensure follow up with donors and draft donor report
5. Supports resource mobilization with CD and SPC focusing on achievement of the following results:
q Analysis of information on donors, preparation of donor’s profile.
q Track and reporting on mobilized resources. Review of contributions agreements.
q Catalyze partnerships and enable networking amongst stakeholders on gender issues in Pakistan to promote knowledge networking and sharing of information to ensure efficient resource utilization
6. Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing with special attention to production and dissemination of KPs and good practices as well as mapping exercises.
q Supervise organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme.
q Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in programme.
q Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
7. Ensures coordination and close collaboration with provincial government, CSOs and UN focusing on achievement of the following results:
q Developing and strengthening effective relations with the Govt, CSOs and UN present in the province and ensure integration and institutionalization of CEDAW and other gender equality commitments into the work of line ministries.
q To work with women development departments in ensuring UNWOMEN close collaboration with the departments.
q Supporting related departments in designing studies, strengthening capacities and ensuring implementation programmes based on national gender equality commitments.
q Work plan on provincial Programme
q Regular Analysis and updates
q Activity and donor reports
q Agreements with Implementation partners
q Partnership with WDDs and others
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the overall performance of the Programme Unit and success in implementation of programme strategies. Accurate analysis, data entry and presentation of information ensure proper programme implementation.
Competencies and Critical Success Factors
· Demonstrates commitment to UNWOMEN’s mission, vision and values.
· Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning
· Shares knowledge and experience
· Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
· Ability to perform a variety of specialized tasks related to Results Management, including support to design, planning and implementation of programme, managing data, reporting.
· Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new system, including new IT based systems
· Good knowledge of Results Management Guide and Toolkit
Leadership and Self-Management
· Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
· Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
· Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
· Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities