The scale and scope of the 2030 Agenda calls for doing development differently. Innovation is at the heart of the vision of UNDP’s 2018-2021 Strategic Plan to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals. UNDP Pakistan Innovation carries the new vision for UNDP to mainstream innovative tools and approaches into programme and project planning. We aim to rapidly co-design, test and iterate prototypes and move to scale.
We develop new approaches by using human-centered design approaches and utilize different modalities of creative problem-solving, adopting inclusive, agile and flexible approaches and new technologies to achieve transformative social impact to persistent and complex development challenges. We will also support by building up the networks and connections in order to foster a new development model of multi-stakeholder partnerships models that are far more cost-effective and have more impact.
Under the supervision of the Innovation Officer (Lead), the Innovation intern will support knowledge management, research and project reviews.
Summary of Key Functions:
The Innovation Intern will assist in the following duties and responsibilities:
- Research and select global innovation trends and methodologies to be explored;
- Support to coordinate, monitor and execute the planning and implementation of the Innovation activities across projects and programmes;
- Assist in organizing and facilitating events, workshops and conferences;
- Support to draft and finalize concept notes, proposals and project documents;
- Support preparation of progress reports and evaluations of the lab activities as needed;
- Provide other support and assistance as required;
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the ongoing activities within the Innovation team.
Competencies and Critical Success Factors
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- High level of motivation, ability to show initiative and work independently
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Managing conflict
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encouraging the learning of others
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Strong analytical, reporting and writing abilities;
- In depth understanding of Pakistan’s entrepreneurship and social innovation ecosystem
- In depth understanding of global social innovation trends and methodologies;
- Excellent ability to write and communicate orally with accuracy and professionalism;
- Excellent organizational, time management and strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to multi-task, to work flexibly and meet tight deadlines;
- Seeks, shares and applies knowledge, information, and best practices from within and outside UNDP
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required;
- Understanding of human-centered design, design thinking approaches is an asset
Education: Bachelor/Master’s Degree in social sciences, economics, administration, development or a related field.
Currently enrolled in undergraduate/graduate programme or have completed a university degree no more than one year ago.
Language: Fluency in English and Urdu required.
Duration: 16 weeks
Candidates who get selected for internship at UNDP shall be required to provide proof of medical insurance for the duration of the internship.
UNDP provides the Equal Opportunity for all equally qualified male & female including the physically challenged candidates, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply (local and internal VA)
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) does not charge fee at any stage of the recruitment process including application, interviews, selection or induction etc. Moreover, UNDP does not concern itself with any information on the applicants bank accounts.