Under the overall guidance of the Country Representative and Deputy Representative, and direct supervision of Portfolio Manager, the Programme Officer ensures effective delivery of the CO programme by entering and managing data and supporting programme implementation consistent with UN WOMEN rules and regulations.
The Programme Officer can supervise clerical and support staff of the Programme Unit. The Programme Officer works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the CO and Sub Offices as required for resolving complex finance-related issues and exchange of information.
Summary of Key Functions:
· Support to formulation of programme strategies and implementation of the Country Programme Action Plan
· Assist Portfolio Manager to ensure effective management of the portfolio and projects in the areas of EVAW, Governance and Human Rights
· Provide support for One UN Coordination
· Support to resource mobilization
· Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Supports formulation of programme strategies and implementation of the Country Programme Action Plan focusing on achievement of the following results:
· Presentation of background information for formulation of country programme, draft project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
· Support in management of programme activities related to Ending Violence Against Women, Governance and Human Rights & CEDAW monitoring and reporting
2. Assists Portfolio Manager to ensure effective management of the portfolio and projects in the areas of EVAW, Governance and Human Rights focusing on quality assurance from formulation to implementation and monitoring of the projects achieving the following results, through:
· Analysis of political, social, economic situations in the country and preparation of substantive inputs to country strategy documents, project proposals, annual Work plans and other documents.
· Supporting design and formulation of projects within the area of responsibility, translating priorities into local interventions.
· Effective application of Results Based Management tools, providing guidance to partners on establishment of performance indicators, and monitoring achievement of results.
· Substantive monitoring of the programme activities, including tracking of financial resources, identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions.
· Leading preparation of concept notes, requests/ calls for proposals, terms of reference, project proposals, briefing notes/ talking points etc.
· Assisting in managing the project’s finances in ATLAS, human resources, assets, procurement, logistics and administrative matters, ensuring effective use of resources and compliance with UN Women rules and procedures as well as with donor or fund requirements.
· Liaising with relevant programme/ operations units, and sub offices to ensure adequate provision of services, flow of information and the project’s compliance with its obligations.
· Fulfilling reporting requirements in a timely manner focusing on outputs, and outcomes.
· Active participation and contribution of UN Women perspectives to relevant conferences, fora and meetings.
3. Provides support for One UN Coordination
· Participate and contribute to One UN initiatives, especially the One UN technical/ working groups and other thematic groups.
· Support the Portfolio Manager in the coordination of joint programming, including development of UN joint proposals, One UN work plans, reports, etc.
4. Provides administrative support to the Programme Unit focusing on achievement of the following results:
· Assist in the overall implementation of the programme including technical and administrative matters including presentation of thoroughly researched information for formulation of country programme, preparation of project documents’ drafts, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements. Follow up on performance indicators/ success criteria, targets and milestones, preparation of reports. Analysis of the situation in programme, identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions.
· Documentation of programme activities and management of office records
· Comment on project documents as requested by Ministries/ departments and international agencies.
5. Supports resource mobilization focusing on achievement of the following results:
· Analysis of information on donors, preparation of donors’ profile.
· Track and report on mobilized resources. Review of contribution agreements.
· Catalyze partnerships and enable networking amongst stakeholders on gender issues in Pakistan to promote knowledge networking and sharing of information to ensure efficient resource utilization.
6. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
· Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme.
· Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in programme.
· Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/ women's studies, international development, or a related field is required
At least 2 years of progressively responsible work experience in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building; Experience in the EVAW, Governance and Human Rights is an asset; Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
Fluency in English and Urdu is required