- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Project Coordinator/Land Administration Specialist
National Project Personnel (NPP) ( First Shift (Day) )
development studies, agricultural economics, business administration, land management or related field
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Pakistan (FAOR); direct supervision of Assistant FAOR Pakistan; oversight of the Land Management Unit of the Natural Resources and Environment Group of FAO/RAP and Land and Water Management Division (AGL) of FAO/Headquarters Natural Resources and Environment Department, close collaboration with government officials, including the National Project Director and National Focal Points of the Sindh Provincial Governments Revenue Board and Planning and Development, Agriculture, Livestock and Dairy Development, Irrigation and Forestry Departments and Dadu, Jamshoro, Larkarna, Matiari, Mirpur Khas, Sujawal, Tando Allahyar and Tando Muhammad Khan District/Divisional Revenue Department and Agriculture, Livestock, Irrigation and Forestry Offices; and assisted by project staff of the Project Management Unit (i.e. short-term international consultants and short and long-term national consultants recruited by FAO), and international and national sub-contractors (e.g. NGOs and consultancy firms).
More specifically, the following tasks will be undertaken according to the project context:
- Act as Team Leader of the Project Management Unit (PMU).
- Represent the Project, organizational interest and beneficiaries of FAO in Sindh Province.
- Participate in the inception mission and assist FAO-Pakistan, VGGT Adviser and European Union Delegation to Pakistan in the preparation of the projects inception report.
- Assume responsibility for the timely, effective and coordinated implementation of the Project at the provincial level, in accordance with the approved work plan.
- Supervise base line, diagnostic, and situation analysis studies.
- Supervise national project staff and monitor their progress. Using performance management tools, the incumbent will ensure that performance indicators are met and reported upon and that field and donor reports are produced on time and according to the required standards.
- In close coordination with PMU members, periodically review and if required, fine-tune projects work plan and develop sound, realistic and meaningful approaches for every aspect of project delivery.
- Prepare periodic reports in approved formats providing a detailed overview of all aspects of project delivery, beneficiary analysis, intervention approach and achieved or perceived impact on beneficiaries vis--vis project outcome, outputs and indicators.
- Assist in the identification and selection of service provider (e.g. government line departments, NGOs and consultancy firms).
- Monitor the project budget and ensure resources are allocated and utilised for project delivery in a timely and effective manner.
- Supervise service providers and ensure timely delivery of inputs and technical assistance to beneficiaries, making sure that service providers reports are received, reviewed and cleared in a timely manner and follow-up with the Administration Unit of FAO Representation in Pakistan to ensure timely processing of due instalments.
- Closely monitor the Projects monitoring and evaluation system to ensure all aspects of the Project are monitored, feedback is provided in a timely manner. Ensure socio-economic and biophysical baseline tools are prepared by PMU and government technical working groups for the purpose of impact assessment.
- Prepare periodic financial projections and procurements plans for onwards processing by FAO Representation in Pakistan, Islamabad.
- Review the work plan periodically and inform FAO Representation in Pakistan on any constraints experienced during the implementation of the project activities.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of PMU, Hyderabad and Project Implementation Units in Dadu, Jamshoro, Larkarna, Matiari, Mirpur Khas, Sujawal, Tando Allahyar and Tando Muhammad Khan and supervise administrative and operational functions within the areas assigned.
- Perform any other relevant duties as requested by the Supervisor.
- The incumbent will also ensure the safety and security of FAO staff and property in Sindh province by strictly adhering to UNDSS security procedures and advisory and inform the Islamabad based security focal points of any security events or bottlenecks in the implementation of security procedures. The incumbent will ensure regular participation of FAO in the provincial and district level security meetings organized by the UNDSS.
- University post-graduate qualification in development studies, agricultural economics, business administration, land management or related field.
- At least ten years of relevant experience in agricultural and rural development, land and water management and land tenure.
- Working knowledge of the English language and ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams is essential.