- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Health & Medicine
Special all Inclusive
Under and the direct supervision of the Senior Migration Health Physician and overall supervision of the Chief of Mission the incumbent will perform certain clinical tests and assist in maintaining integrity of clinical procedures during assessment of the Australia, Canada, New Zealand and UK visa applicants, which will be conducted in the framework of the respective Health Assessment guidelines. In particular she/he will:
- Explain medical procedures to the applicants.
- Assist Migration Health Physician during Health Assessment of Immigrants and refugees
- Interview female applicants with possible pregnancy. Perform rapid tests for pregnancy. Register the results.
- Make preparations for sputum collection: prepare the list for the laboratory and IOM master list, assign codes and label sputum containers.
- Maintain safety procedures at a sputum collection site.
- Performs putum collection in accordance with IOM guidelines:
Check applicants identity
Explain the procedure to the applicants
Observe sputum collection; assist the applicants in production of sputum.
- Make sure that the samples are transported to the laboratory in a proper manner.
- Keep the register of applicants, who had sputum tests.
- Liaise with the laboratory, receive results of sputum smears in a timely manner,register the results and alert Migration Health Physician on the arrival of the results.
- Accompany the applicants to the radiology and make ensure the identity of the applicants, undergoing X-ray.
- Assist with registration, data entry and print out of documents, if so requested.
- Collect statistical information in a requested format and submit it to Senior Migration Health Physicians.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Senior Migration Health Physician or Chief of Mission.
1.Degree in Nursing
2.Working knowledge of English.
4.Good oral communication skills.
6.Ability to maintain documentation in order.
7.Female candidate referred.