- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Special all Inclusive
General functions: Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, IOM Pakistan, and under the direct supervision of the National Programme Officer (Head of Migration Management Department), the Project Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
Specific duties include:
- Assistin organizing logistical support for coordination meetings, conferences,seminars and capacity building / training workshops regarding the IOM Readmissionproject “Support to the Government of Pakistan on implementation of ReadmissionAgreement between Pakistan and EU”.
- Assistin supporting the planning, arrangements, organizing and preparing reportson capacity building initiatives under the IOM project targetinggovernment stakeholders and civil society.
- Assistin preparing and drafting reports for donors (quarterly, yearly and final)in a timely manner.
- Assistin ensuring the financial and administrative follow-up of readmissionproject is made on timely basis, in coordination with head of department,the administration and finance department.
- Assistin supporting the establishment, organizing and functioning of NationalCoordination Committee on Readmission (NCCR) which coordinatesdeliverables under the IOM Readmission project including development ofreadmission procedural manual, desk review on existing procedure regardingreturn of migrants, support to returning vulnerable migrants, etc.
- Assistin developing and enhancing liaison with government officials and otherstakeholders to strengthen cooperation to identify issues, gaps and needsfor support on effective implementation of IOM project.
- Assistin mapping out the stakeholders and service providers (including NGOs) activein providing reintegration support to vulnerable returning migrants.
- Assistin providing support on monitoring the standards of implementation of thePakistan-EU Readmission Agreement by concerned government stakeholders,and civil society including NGOs.
- Help ensurethat the supply of capacity building deliverables and reintegrationsupport to vulnerable readmitted migrants under the project is met.
- Assistin preparing and compiling draft information, reports, notes for file regardingcapacity building initiatives and coordination meetings with governmentstakeholders and other concerned organizations in Pakistan.
- Assistin coordinating the readmission formalities with relevant governmentcounterparts or NGOs, and identify post-return reintegration services withstakeholders in the community.
- Supportand maintain database on readmission cases; monitor case procedures andsystems nationally.
- Assistin collecting information and update supervisors on legislation/policy mechanismsregarding readmission procedures in the country and analyze it with a viewto improving current activities and developing new projects.
- Anyother duties assigned.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Understanding of complex social-political environments.
Ability to work under extreme pressure in difficult conditions while maintaining security awareness.
Flexibility and focus on processes and their improvements.
Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
Stamina, determination, commitment and adaptability in the workplace are required.
Languages - Fluency in English and Urdu including the ability to draft in that language. Working knowledge of regional languages desirable.