- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Special all Inclusive
Under the overall supervision of Chief of Mission and in accordance with directives received from the IOM PSAIT Programme Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in all project vehicle issues related with the IOM SAIT Programme in Islamabad,Pakistan. Specifically, he/she will establish and maintain a high level of support by;
- Maintaining automobiles in clean, polished, flawless operatingcondition.
- Maintain and operates communications devices, emergencyresponse and contingency equipment, including fire extinguisher, flares orreflectors, chains, shovel, blankets, survival supplies, defensive anddiversionary devices.
- Visually inspect and manually test vehicle pre-departure andbefore accepting passengers.
- Behave properly with staff members andassists them in entering and leaving the vehicle. Must assist with baggagehandling and loading/unloading of equipment both programme and courserelated and personal. (Note: In high risk assignments, the security driveris required to remain behind the wheel at all times).
- Maintain a log book of the vehicle and ensure trip sheet issigned by the user.
- Maintain records of vehicle maintenance and inform immediatelyabout any maintenance problems or damage to the vehicle.
- Obey all traffic laws and limits.
- Be able to reads and understand specific vehicle operatingmanual and is able to operate every device in the car
- Respond to medical emergencies occurring to passengers enroute.
- Assist in performing and documentingroute surveys, identifying safe havens and emergency resources,"choke points", "danger zones", and "zones oftotal predictability.
- Be fully aware of and understand all Standing OperatingProcedures laid down by the PESSU and IOM SSU for travel in Pakistan.
- Act as and be available to carry out duties as the PSAITProgramme Managers driver when not designated for training duties.
13.Work in a close relationship with the head of IOM transportation and be available to carry out duties such as rota duty driver at night and at weekends when tasked and required.
14. Collect and delivers mail / documents as assigned in a timely manner.
13. Make sure that the daily log sheet is prepared and a monthly report is prepared summarising statistics linked to mileage, fuel consumption etc. for the vehicle.
- Keep a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness indiscussions, which involves IOM and its officials.
- Ensure that the stepsrequired by the local and IOM rules and regulations (pertaining todriving) are taken in case of involvement in an accident
- Perform any other duties as and when assigned by the ProgrammeManager.