- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Project Assistant (Readmission Project)
Special all Inclusive
General functions: Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, IOM Pakistan, and under the direct supervision of the National Programme Officer (Head of Migration Management Department), the Project Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
Specific duties include:
- Assistin liaison with government officials and other stakeholders to strengthencooperation to identify issues, gaps and needs for support on effectiveimplementation of IOM project “Support to the Government of Pakistan onimplementation of Readmission Agreement between Pakistan and EU”.
- Supportin mapping out the stakeholders and service providers (including NGOs)existing in Pakistan and potentially active in providing reintegration supportto returning migrants, especially vulnerable cases.
- Providesupport on monitoring the standards of implementation of ReadmissionAgreement by concerned government stakeholders, and NGOs with regard toreintegration support provided to returning migrants.
- Assistin supporting the establishment, organizing and functioning of NationalCoordination Committee on Readmission (NCCR) which coordinatesdeliverables under the Readmission project including development ofreadmission procedural manual, desk review on existing procedure regardingreturn of migrants, support to returning vulnerable migrants, etc.
- Supportthe planning, arrangements, organizing and preparing reports on capacitybuilding initiatives under the project targeting government stakeholdersand civil society.
- Ensurethe supply of capacity building deliverables and reintegration support to vulnerablereadmitted migrants under the project.
- Assistin preparing and compiling draft information, reports, notes for file regardingcapacity building initiatives and coordination meetings with governmentstakeholders and other concerned organizations in Pakistan.
- Assistin coordinating the readmission formalities with relevant governmentcounterparts or NGOs, and identify post-return reintegration services withstakeholders in the community.
- Supportand maintain database on readmission cases; monitor case procedures andsystems nationally.
- Assistin collecting information and update supervisors on legislation/policy mechanismsregarding readmission procedures in the country and analyze it with a viewto improving current activities and developing new projects.
- Organizethe logistical details of coordination meetings, conferences, seminars andcapacity building / training workshops regarding readmission project.
- Assistin ensuring the financial and administrative follow-up of readmissionproject, in coordination with head of department, the administration and financedepartment.
- Assistin preparing and drafting reports for donors (quarterly, yearly and final)in a timely manner.
- Anyother duties assigned.