The successful candidates can be placed in either of the below mentioned positions;
Islamabad, Lahore, Peshawar, Karachi, Quetta,based on organizational needs;
1. Work with partners at the national and provincial level (Government, UNICEF, WHO) as part of the Pakistan Polio/EPI Team to promote joint planning, analysis and identify high-risk agencies and areas for intensified social mobilization activities. Undertakes ongoing field visits throughout Balochistan for the participation in, or monitoring of PEI/EPI related project activities. Attends and facilitates periodical reviews both at provincial and agency levels. Timely, prepares routine reports on results of visits and project progress. Ensure coordination and facilitation to cross border activities at all applicable levels
2. Collects and analyses data for PEI/EPI planning. Assembles PEI/EPI related background information and provides updated information on financial and administrative status for analysis and report purposes. Provides technical support and analyze PEI/EPI related social Mobilization partnerships with the Department of Health & Education, Agency Surgeons, EDO Education and other partners at agency levels, and recommends appropriate adjustments. Supervise ASOs and AHCSOs prepares progress reports for review monitoring purposes and proposes corrective measures.
3. Investigates queries related to PEI/EPI regarding authorization, delivery or payments and follows up with Finance, Administrative, Supply and Programme staff on processing of payments, advances to governments and liquidation of accounts. Ensures that PEI/EPI activities are in accordance with plans of action.
4. Monitors the flow of PEI/EPI related supply and non-supply assistance to local authorities. Drafts supply and financial documentation. Collects and records information on supply/non-supply inventory, distribution and utilization.
5. Support Agencies to develop indicator specific SM plans and ensure that district-level plans reflect activities that will directly target hard-to-reach communities and household child caregivers. Communicates with counterpart local authorities on PEI/EPI details. Recommends courses of action to the supervisor.
6. Assist counterparts in drafting of PEI/EPI related budgets, ensuring accuracy and appropriateness of coding in accordance with PIDB system. Guide the recruitment, training, support and supervision of PEI/EPI Agency teams in Balochistan.. Drafts and issues updated status reports.
7. Drafts sections of donor, annual and other reports, as required by HQ.
Fluency in English required. Knowledge of the local working languages of the duty station an asset.
Analytical and conceptual ability; communication skills.
Planning and monitoring skills; ability to organize work & projects.
Ability to make timely and quality judgments and decisions.
Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications.
Commitment to continuous learning for professional development.
Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEFs mission and professional values.
Commitment to gender equality.