- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Programme Assistant (Data Analyst)
Vulnerability Analysis and Mapping
University degree in economics, agricultural economics, statistics or similar relevant discipline. A Masters degree would be an advantage.
4 Years(At least four years of progressively responsible support experience in the field of food security analysis, vulnerability analysis, statistical analysis, humanitarian operations and/or at least one year at GS4 level or equivalent.)
PKR. 70,000 to 80,000/month
Under the supervision of the Head of Vulnerability Analysis and Mapping (VAM) Unit or an official designated by him, the Senior Programme Assistant (Data Analyst) will be responsible for the following duties:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take overall responsibility for data management and analysis;
- Take a lead in procuring/obtaining relevant data onfood security, vulnerability, general socioeconomic profile, etc from various sources;
- Maintain an up-to-date database of VAM related datasetincluding data from WFP as well as those from other sources;
- Design questionnaire for collecting food securityrelated indicators from different surveys and assessments
- Design survey and sampling plan to ensure sound statistical validity of various surveys and assessments;
- Perform analysis of the dataset collected from primary survey and through other sources;
- Assist in periodic food security monitoring by analyzing and tracking relevant food security indicators;
- Assist in overall planning and implementation of VAM activities, including administrative assistance, when needed;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Experience with organizations dealing with food security and humanitarian assistance. Experience in collection and analysis of food security indicators
- Knowledge of statistical analysis software such as SPSS and STATA.
- Familiarity with quantitative and qualitative survey techniques.