- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Protection Assistant, Position#. 10006111
Full Time/Permanent ( firstshift )
Degree in International Law, Political Science
4 Years(Good Computer skills.• Participation of UNHCR’s Learning Programme in Protection)
- Under the direct supervision of the Field Associate UNHCR Field-Office Timergarah, the successful candidate will perform the following duties and functions:
- Manage UNHCR’s Voluntary Repatriation Centre in Timergarah.
- Prepare weekly reports on Afghan Voluntary Repatriation activities;
- Liaise with the office of the Commissioner of Afghan Refugees in Temergarah on issues related to Afghan refugee protection and solutions;
- Act as interpreter in the exchange of routine information ,contribution to related liaison activities and response directly to routine queries;
- Translate documents and correspondence as and when necessary;
- Provide support and assistance to repatriation conveys as needed and maintain contact with relevant organisation/NGO’s;
- Compiles statistics an resettlement and voluntary repatriation cases and enters the statistical data into the computerised data-base;
Performs other duties as required by the supervisor
Relevant experience with United Nations or International Organisations is an added advantage;
Demonstrated ability to work with others in a team environment;
Flexibility and adaptability, team working, performance orientation, communication, professional and personal behaviour are UNHCR core competencies.
Proficiency in English (oral) as well as good knowledge of the local languages (Urdu and Pashto) an asset.