UNWOMEN is committed to facilitate Government of Pakistan in institutionalizing gender equality and promoting women’s empowerment in its work through innovative and catalytic programming. UNWomen’s work is guided by the Beijing Platform for Action (BPFA), Convention of the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW) and the frameworks provided by the Millennium Declaration and the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).UNWOMEN strategy in Pakistan is about strengthening the capacity of government, non governmental and UN system to deliver on gender equality commitments by ensuring that voices of women and human rights based approaches are integrated fully in the development agenda of the country.
UNWOMEN is seeking the services of a Senior Programme Officer in Peshawar to support implementation of its programs in KP and ensuring national gender equality commitments including implementation of CEDAW with a focus at provincial level post devolution. Under the overall guidance of the Country Director and direct supervision of Senior Programme Coordinator, the Sr. Programme Officer will overview UNWomen’s programmes in KP and FATA. Ensures effective delivery of the programme in the province and FATA by entering and managing data and supporting programme implementation consistent with UNWOMEN rules and regulations.
The Senior Programme Officer will supervise clerical and support staff of the Provincial Programme Unit and will supervise the programme team at KP in consultation with Islamabad office. The Senior Programme Officer works in close collaboration with the CD/SPC and operations, programme and projects’ staff in the CO as required.
Summary of Key Functions:
1. Formulation of programme strategies and implementation of the Provincial Programme based on Country Programme Action Plan
2. Support to management of the provincial programme
3. Administrative support to the provincial programme unit
4. Supports resource mobilization with CD and SPC..
5. Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the PP and CO
6. Coordination and close collaboration with provincial government, CSOs and UN.
7. Any other business.
1. Supports formulation of programme strategies and implementation of the Provincial Programme based on Country Programme Action Plan focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Thorough analysis and research ofthe political, social and economic situation in the province andpreparation of substantive inputs to UNWOMEN Strategic global, regionaland sub regional and country plans and One UN Programme and relateddocuments and ensuring its implementation in the province.
- Collection, analysis andpresentation of background information for effective application of RBMtools and establishment of management targets.
- Presentation of backgroundinformation for formulation of the provincial and inputs to the countryprogramme, draft project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals onimplementation arrangements and ensuring its implementation.
- Provincial coordination – KP Governmentand FATA.
2. Provides effective support to management of the provincial programme focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Preparation of required budget revisions,revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilizedfunds, operational and financial close of a project.
- Provision of guidance to theexecuting agencies on routine implementation of projects.
- Presentation of information for auditof NIMM projects supports implementation of audit recommendations.
3. Provides administrative support to the provincial programme unit focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Review of NIMM projects, financialreports and ensure accountability.
- Maintenance of the internalexpenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed arematched and completed; transactions are correctly recorded and posted inAtlas.
- Timely corrective actions onunposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, matchexceptions, unapproved vouchers.
4. Supports resource mobilization with CD and SPC focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Analysis of information on donors,preparation of donor’s profile.
- Track and reporting on mobilizedresources. Review of contributions agreement, managing contributions inAtlas.
5. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the PP and CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of trainings for theoperations/ projects staff on provincial programme.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and bestpractices in provincial programme.
- Sound contributionsto knowledge networks and communities of practice.
6. Ensures coordination and close collaboration with provincial government, CSOs and UN focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Developing and strengtheningeffective relations with the Govt, CSOs and UN present in the province andensure integration and institutionalization of CEDAW and other genderequality commitments into the work of line ministries.
- To work with women developmentdepartments in ensuring UNWOMEN close collaboration with the departments.
- Supporting related departments indesigning studies, strengthening capacities and ensuring implementationprogrammes based on national gender equality commitments.
7. To work as and when required by the supervisor/s.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the overall performance of the Programme Unit and success in implementation of programme strategies. Accurate analysis, data entry and presentation of information ensure proper programme implementation.
Competencies and Critical Success Factors
· Demonstrates commitment to UNWOMEN’s mission, vision and values.
· Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning
· Shares knowledge and experience
· Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
· Ability to perform a variety of specialized tasks related to Results Management, including support to design, planning and implementation of programme, managing data, reporting.
· Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new system, including new IT based systems
· Good knowledge of Results Management Guide and Toolkit
Leadership and Self-Management
· Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
· Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
· Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
· Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities